The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still looks in great shape! That aircraft has always seemed to me to recall a bygone era. Big piston engines, greenhouse nose, positions for turrets and other gun positions and of course its WW2 design and first flight definitely bespeaks its period heritage. Here is a photo that reminds me of my wonderful 2.4 hours in this flying time machine cruising above the Straights of Juan de Fuca, watching whales from an altitude of about 300 feet.
Flew from west coast to Hawaii in an an Argus same type of nose and it was great watching whales and other stuff

Avenger wingfold

A TBM for all to see, kudos to the T-Bolt, He!

Got it right... Ouch! :oops:

Now, it's his to play the game, its up to us to guess the plane...

As bad as it may to you appear, it can only get worse, you see from here :(

Attachments

• TBM-VMAM.jpg
    TBM-VMAM.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Flew from west coast to Hawaii in an an Argus same type of nose and it was great watching whales and other stuff

One treat of being stationed at NAS Whidbey Island in Washington was the frequent contact with the RCAF. Its planes were frequent visitors. I had some photos of RCAF CF100, CF-101 and CP-107 Argus, all beautiful aircraft but I was especially fond of the CF-100. But evidently lost all the photos in too many moves...

One treat of being stationed at NAS Whidbey Island in Washington was the frequent contact with the RCAF. Its planes were frequent visitors. I had some photos of RCAF CF100, CF-101 and CP-107 Argus, all beautiful aircraft but I was especially fond of the CF-100. But evidently lost all the photos in too many moves...
was in Comox in 76-78 saw a lot of your birds as well as well as IIRC Mcchord .

Yes, McChord it would have been. Sure wish I could have hitched a ride in either or both the Argus or the Canuck. That would have been awesome. Not that a ride in the CF-101 would have been any less cool. 8)

What could be those pipes I see, surely Voodoo , naw, couldn't be... but something like it with high tail, not a mouse and not a pail...

I wonder if there is a possibility of being banned from one thread? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Terry, the Airacomet is the P-59. Although the XP-83 was also made by Bell and was an early jet it was not the same design. And your right, neither has a high jet exhaust so neither is correct.

No one is even close so here's another picture of the same aircraft

Attachments

• P2177080.JPG
    P2177080.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 64

Users who are viewing this thread

Back