The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay, I am 100% sure I am wrong but I'll make an ultimate wild guess and let my other friends play : Lockheed Hudson/Ventura ?

No, not a Hudson or Ventura, and not a Lockheed design. It's a larger aircraft than both of these types. Another clue - the throttles and prop controls are not in what would be considered the 'usual' location ..... and it can so be thought of as a coastal resort ....

Yep! It's 'Plain Sailing's' Catalina (coastal resort?), taken at Duxford back in 2009. The PBY/Catalina was also built under licence - hence the other clue ' can so be ..', a clue to Canso.
Here's the full shot, and the aircraft itself. Those two instrument dials are within the circle of the 'Star and Bar' on the starboard side.

Attachments

• Czech 062.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Czech 068.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 81
Gosh I went to see the catalina at this exact localisation and I missed it !!! I was so close !

Your turn Norab

Isn't progress amazing?

Here is a civilian aircraft that has a 750hp engine which weighs less than 300lbs! Imagine what WW2 aircraft designers could have done with such power to weights?

Half the power of a Merlin with 1/6 the weight.

Users who are viewing this thread