There is fast and there is FAST...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still waiting for a proper car from Ford, since Henry's first attempt, not gonna happen anytime soon, sorry to say... :rolleyes: :lol:

I think that you'll find, old boy ;), that the rocket at the top of the Chrysler ad, need to travel just a bit over 11 kilometers per second, or a bit under 7 miles per second, to escape earths gravity, don't know how fast that is on the 1/4 mile, but I think that we have a winner....

This is one of them moments, where you can rightly say 'eat my dust'! :lol:

Mopar or no car, sorry....rocket! ;) :lol:

Last edited:
Not with this particular Chrysler offering....

Chrysler Horizon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All gone, unlamented, to the great scrap yard in the sky.

If you want a proper car Jan buy a FORD :)

Now hold on just a minute Readie, the Omni was the same car with a bit more. Check this out.
GLH
1986 Shelby GLHS

The ultimate Dodge Omni was the modified Omni GLH. The original name, "Coyote", was rejected, and Carroll Shelby's choice, the initials GLH, which stood for "Goes Like Hell", were taken instead.[5] 1984 was the first year of the GLH, which carried over most of the modifications that had been made the previous year to the Shelby Charger. 1985 was the debut of the GLH-T model with the Turbo I (K) engine option. This engine, at low boost (7.2 PSi) coupled with the car's very low weight (as low as 2,200 lb (1,000 kg)), earned this car its name. The car carried over into 1986 unchanged aside from the addition of a hatch-mounted third tail light, and production was stopped. The final 500 GLH-T cars (all black) were sold to Shelby, who used them as the basis for the 1986 Shelby GLHS ("Goes Like Hell Shelby"). These cars were modified by Carroll Shelby in California and sold as Shelbys. With 175 horsepower (130 kW) and 175 lb·ft (237 N·m) of torque, the Shelby GLHS was a modified 2.2 with a Turbo 2 setup which included a 2 piece blow through intake (the GLH-T was a draw through turbo design) shelby ecu, boost was raised to a conservative 12psi, T2 turbocharger compressor cover and a front-mounted intercooler. The short block stayed the same between the GLH-T and GLHS. Futher modifications included 205/50R15 Eagle GT Gatorback tires mounted on Shelby Centurian wheels, Koni adjustable struts and shocks, and stiffer springs. Different decals were also part of the package. Silver pin stripes down the ground fx along with "SHELBY" decals replaced the standard red GLH-T decals. A "SHELBY" decal was added to the windshield and a large "GLHS" decal on the driver side rear sail panel. All GLHS cars came with a numbered dash plaque, Mobile 1 valve cover plaque, MOMO shift knob and Shelby leather wrapped steering wheel and A black/yellow overlay sticker was placed at the bottom of the speedometer to read to 135 mph.

Nothing spectacular mind you but it would mess up a Mustang or Camaro's day.:lol:

I think that you'll find, old boy ;), that the rocket at the top of the Chrysler ad, need to travel just a bit over 11 kilometers per second, or a bit under 7 miles per second, to escape earths gravity, don't know how fast that is on the 1/4 mile, but I think that we have a winner....

This is one of them moments, where you can rightly say 'eat my dust'! :lol:

Mopar or no car, sorry....rocket! ;) :lol:

Jan, old sport. Chrysler cannot make a sporting saloon that can keep up with a FORD to save their corporate lives :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CBg3mcXWNg

Rocket or no rocket....FORD wins mon ami ;)

Now hold on just a minute Readie, the Omni was the same car with a bit more. Check this out.
GLH
1986 Shelby GLHS

The ultimate Dodge Omni was the modified Omni GLH. The original name, "Coyote", was rejected, and Carroll Shelby's choice, the initials GLH, which stood for "Goes Like Hell", were taken instead.[5] 1984 was the first year of the GLH, which carried over most of the modifications that had been made the previous year to the Shelby Charger. 1985 was the debut of the GLH-T model with the Turbo I (K) engine option. This engine, at low boost (7.2 PSi) coupled with the car's very low weight (as low as 2,200 lb (1,000 kg)), earned this car its name. The car carried over into 1986 unchanged aside from the addition of a hatch-mounted third tail light, and production was stopped. The final 500 GLH-T cars (all black) were sold to Shelby, who used them as the basis for the 1986 Shelby GLHS ("Goes Like Hell Shelby"). These cars were modified by Carroll Shelby in California and sold as Shelbys. With 175 horsepower (130 kW) and 175 lb·ft (237 N·m) of torque, the Shelby GLHS was a modified 2.2 with a Turbo 2 setup which included a 2 piece blow through intake (the GLH-T was a draw through turbo design) shelby ecu, boost was raised to a conservative 12psi, T2 turbocharger compressor cover and a front-mounted intercooler. The short block stayed the same between the GLH-T and GLHS. Futher modifications included 205/50R15 Eagle GT Gatorback tires mounted on Shelby Centurian wheels, Koni adjustable struts and shocks, and stiffer springs. Different decals were also part of the package. Silver pin stripes down the ground fx along with "SHELBY" decals replaced the standard red GLH-T decals. A "SHELBY" decal was added to the windshield and a large "GLHS" decal on the driver side rear sail panel. All GLHS cars came with a numbered dash plaque, Mobile 1 valve cover plaque, MOMO shift knob and Shelby leather wrapped steering wheel and A black/yellow overlay sticker was placed at the bottom of the speedometer to read to 135 mph.

Nothing spectacular mind you but it would mess up a Mustang or Camaro's day.:lol:

A V8 Horizon ? You American boys got a death wish ? :)

What about that latest Dodge Viper, isn't that one of the fastest, or the fastest, car around Nurnburgring, or how you spell it....

Oh btw, C comes before F in the phonebook, alphabet! :lol:

What about that latest Dodge Viper, isn't that one of the fastest, or the fastest, car around Nurnburgring, or how you spell it....

Oh btw, C comes before F in the phonebook, alphabet! :lol:

V10 truck engine? ha....the FORD corporation would not sully their hands with a TRUCK engined car :)

Fastest around the 'Ring...ummm...you win that one.
BUT...at Le Mans where power reliability at all FORD knocks Chrysler into a cocked hat.

What!? In your dreams! :lol:
Ford got as much of winning, as a snowball in hell! :lol:

Mind you, Ford has done a good thing or two, flathead V8, the '32, '34, '36, the '40 pickup....other than that, they should have stuck to producing wheelbarrows.... :lol:

That's a bit hightech compared to the Viper, I think that they mean without luxuries, souped up stuff etc...or so I heard..
If it means no turbo, compressor etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back