Things that make you think

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

joy17782

Airman 1st Class
Jan 25, 2008
logan ohio
:shock: i pulled up too the atm today and i notice they have brale, blind people alphabet, on the keys, i thought what the hell is a blind person driveing up too a drive thru atm and is there more of this crazy stuff out there? if so let me know , or lets get a thread started about what makes us say . huh ????

yeap he sure did !!!!! and you know that guy was great!!!! all and this one why on elevators do they say max lift 1500 pounds! like i know everyones weight, you can always guess and then if a really big person gets on do you get the hell off fast

I always loved the wheelchair-accessable bathroom stalls on the second floor of a building with no elevators. Now, that's gotta be classified as "cruel and unusual", forcing a wheelchair-bound person to negotiate a flight (or two) of stairs to use the potty!

I read something yesterday about applications for an air traffic controller being available in braille! :shock:
An airport advertised for an air traffic controller with good vision, but said applicants could use a Braille form to apply.

The website for St Mary's Airport, on the Isles of Scilly, says controllers need to be able to observe changing weather conditions as their work "is not over-dependant upon very costly and sophisticated electronic equipment".

But the advert for a fourth controller for the airport said applicants could ask for an application pack in larger text, Braille or an audio format.

A spokesman for the Council of the Isles of Scilly, which runs the airport, said the alternative formats were offered on all job adverts.

The Royal National Institute for the Blind praised the council for "good practice".

I am all for giving people with handicaps, or challenges, opportunities for jobs. BUT when it is a job like ATC, we have to think it through.

I ain't bookin a flight to a place where the ATC is blind. No offense, but....common sense is still legal, isn't it?

Another one I love (pointed out by a friend who had a bottle): on a bottle of children's aspirin, "Do Not Operate Heavy Machinery After Taking". ....and we have a problem with three-year-olds running the skycrane?

I read something yesterday about applications for an air traffic controller being available in braille! :shock:

I am all for giving people with handicaps, or challenges, opportunities for jobs. BUT when it is a job like ATC, we have to think it through.
Sounds like the qualifications they were looking for when I got out of the CAF Which was a Bilingual black indian female transvestite missing one limb

heh heh.

Attachments

• retards.jpg
    retards.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,051
  • store.jpg
    store.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 12,810
Velius, stores are notorious for doing that. I love the "4 for $1" signs on cans of soup and stuff, and look at the normal price and its like $.25. I swear I found a supermarket that had that "sale", and the regular price was $.20. Yet people are too dumb to do the math.

Also....

Speaking of health and safety...

Attachments

• image003_1.jpg
    image003_1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 146
  • image002_1.jpg
    image002_1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image001_1.jpg
    image001_1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 145