Three aircraft that you'd like to own.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

only 3 huh?

mustang....no surprise there i would love a 109F, G2, or G10 if i can have a 4th plane
a super cub for putting around and taking people for rides...
a pitts, zlin, extra or something hot for aerobatics..

I prefer German aircraft over everything else, they are my favorite. U.S. a far-behind second, and British third.

Domestic:
North American P-51D

Foreign:
Focke-Wulf Ta 152H-1

Messerschmitt Me 262A-1

Last edited:
OK

How about a Howard 500 for friends and family and since I am forced to go off shore for the other two

An Auster AOP.9 for flying low an slow.

A Caproni C22J just cause it looks coool :)

C22Jc.jpg

Domestic: Eeny, meeny, miny, moe ....... one in between (one only, I promise....)

Macchi_M.C.205.jpg

g55.jpg

Reggiane_Re.2005_Sagittario.jpg

Foreign

306sqdn-spitfire9-uz-z-northolt-16nov42.jpg

and, just to have a bit of comfort for me and Friends

747sp-8_bahrain_0001.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread idea!

Domestic: P-47D-22 - I love the Jug, and the Razorback just looks mean.

Foreign #1: Fw190A3 - My favorite aircraft and variant of all time. It still looks like Kurt Tank's original design, but has some of the bugs ironed out.

Foreign #2: Spitfire Mk IIa - The Spitfire is one of the best looking aircraft of all time, and it's my wife's favorite. So anytime I can get her involved in my obsession...

Bf 109G
C-47 (DC-3) - (Greatest aircraft ever built.)
Do 24 (Most beautiful seaplane ever built).

Since I am a German/American that should cover both the foreign and domestic spheres...

Since you're German/American, you'd have to pick one of each to cover the domestic and one non German/American for the foreign bird...;) :lol:

For personal enjoyment offering the challenge of gliding and the security of not having to land away from the airfield. It was my dream machine in the 90's when with a bit of luck I might have been able to afford a share in something similar (but a lot cheaper) had life not changed and I became a Dad Stemme S10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Domestic Has to be a Spit VIII

Third Option a Bell 47. Able to go places none of the other selections can go and what I always believed a helicopter should look like when growing up as a kid

Meine Familie kommt aus etwas außerhalb von Stuttgart. Ich mochte die Gegend sehr viel , denn es ist ganz in der Nähe der Porsche-Zentrale in Zuffenhausen .

Ich komme auch aus der Stuttgarter Region. Böblingen eigentlich. Meine Frau kommt aus Merklingen, auch in der Nähe von Stuttgart. Wir beide wohnen aber zeit 2 Jahren in Amerika.

In 2 Wochen sind wir in Stuttgart aber für eine paar Wochen.

Ich komme auch aus der Stuttgarter Region. Böblingen eigentlich. Meine Frau kommt aus Merklingen, auch in der Nähe von Stuttgart. Wir beide wohnen aber zeit 2 Jahren in Amerika.

In 2 Wochen sind wir in Stuttgart aber für eine paar Wochen.
Du Glückspilz! Meine Familie und ich waren kürzlich in Europa und verbrachte viel Zeit in Süd-Deutschland, vor allem rund um München und Stuttgart (für BMW und Porsche, natürlich).

My 3,
As per Jeff Hunt, being Canadian, a deHavilland Beaver is the first choice. When I got out of the RCAF could have bought one on floats for $50,000 -- now @@@@@@. Second and third , Me 262 and deHavilland Mosquito, mainly because I've been in them.
(If we expand out of WW2 then I have to include CF-101B, my old standby)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back