Throw Back Thursday warbird Parade

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff Jeff.

Now we know that the Val is a BT-13 and the 109 is an HA-1112, but you know....
Put on some "cheap sunglasses" as ZZ Top , (That little ol band from Houston) would say.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Great shots guys.
Here's a couple of poor scans from Ektachrome transparencies, taken in 1982. These were rejects from the slides I took during the production of an AV show on the BBMF.
The weather was rather dull and dismal during this sortie, with conditions being marginal for the old girls to fly. Spotting them in the damp haze, to formate on them, was fun !

2011-04-18_31.JPG
2011-04-18_32.JPG
2011-04-18_33.JPG
2011-04-18_34.JPG

Thanks Jeff. Camera ship was the BBMFs Chipmunk.
Most of my pics from the past were taken on either Ektachrome or Kodachrome transparency films, as I used to do quite a bit of AV work.
Unfortunately, the majority (over 3,000 images) were ruined by smoke and heat from a fire in the flat beneath where I was living at the time. Those I still have don't scan very well on the little transparency scanner I have, although to be honest, I haven't played around much with the settings. It might work better if I project them, and re-photograph the projected images, which is something I've been meaning to try for some time.
Meanwhile here's a couple more, with me in the front seat of the BBMF Chipmunk camera ship, taken from
2011-04-11_8.JPG
2011-04-12_3.JPG
the late Arthur Gibson's Twin Commanche (or maybe Aztec - can't remember after 34 years ! )
The other shot is a DH Moth at the PFA Rally at Cranfield in 1983.

Beautiful Terry. Lovely to see that big Griffon Spit formatting off your stern. Aaah, the PFA... Whose Moth?

Thanks chaps. I'll sort a few more and post them now and then.

Grant, sorry, but I can't remember who's Moth that was. There were two or three early 'Moth' types in the line up, and I remember lying down on the grass, stopping down the lens, to get a silhouette shot, but with highlights from the sun reflecting off the fabric and ribs on the wings. This shot, or one very similar, was used in an AV production on that years PFA Rally, as a 'mood' shot simulating the end of the days flying and action on the Saturday, before the big 'p*ss up' in the bar marquee !
But it was taken in the early evening, judging by the position of the sun, probably around 18.00 hrs !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back