'Tigermeet 98' Belgium F-16A (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Gerry, I'm just hanging out for a spare set coming from Belgium before I make a start with them.

Nice work Vic.

One small detail..the Oxygen bottle on teh side of the ACES II should be brightish green and the little green ring on teh left of the seat should be at about teh offset from centre you have it but AFT not forward.

Pedant Alert!!!

D

Nice work Vic.

One small detail..the Oxygen bottle on teh side of the ACES II should be brightish green and the little green ring on teh left of the seat should be at about teh offset from centre you have it but AFT not forward.

Pedant Alert!!!
D

Thanks for that Darryl, will have a look at it when I get time and when the masking is off as the pit is all wrapped up protected against heavy thumbs for when I get the decals on the go. So may come back to you on this later.

No problems Vic, here is mine:

IMG_4201.gif

It is a strange green (on my screen here and my computer at home, it is exactly the same colour as in real life) and quite glossy.

A small detail and not easily noticed except for the vibrant colour.

Notice also the green pull ring (a very subdued and different green) at the bottom left of picture.
The bottle, the mounting bracket (still in raw Zinc chromate) and the green pull ring are all the genuine article, as are the black ballistic lines and quick release fixtures that surround the bottle. .

(please forgive the bare MDF seat surrounds..some people can just never finish one project before starting a bloody Spitfire! :) )

Last edited:
Thanks again Darryl. it so happens that I have an old, old Tamiya F-16 which I planned to enhance with loads of extras, the box fell apart years ago and the decals are crisp and yellowed with age. I may well pull this one out and make a start on it. Definitely not an OOB build though.

Long time no work on this one, been flat chap doing the big Ju 52 for the GB, but now I've a bit of time on my hands, which is just as well for this lot of decaling took me almost 5 days to fix.

What you see is actually two layers of decals. I used the more yellow tiger marking supplied with the kit as the base knowing the black paintwork underneath would certainly dull the crispness of the yellow. The second layer is more in line with a tiger and has the yellow orange tint, the decals were also thicker and though hard to turn round corners were worth the effort in the long run.

Now all I have to do is find time to add all the little bits.

20130508-1b.jpg

20130508-1a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back