time to crap in your pants boyz ........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry Joe love you and all...But I vote for "ME" to fly that baby...:D .....

I know you have to be checked out on flying a plane model that you have never flown before.(i think :oops: )....So how do they work it with thing like this ...And is this a real tricky bird to fly...???
:lol:

Actually I looked it up in the FARs and I see nothing that would prevent me from jumping into the thing right now. I thought there was an additional endorsement for aircraft over 1000 hp but I couldn't find it. Actually if I had an opportunity to fly something like that I would at least find someone with a T-6 and get a few hours.

I would definitely get some T-6 time. That's what we do.

It's that whole, attached to life thing and do not want to end up on an episode of "Stupid People, Stupid Ways to Die".

BTW, if we amortized our fixed cost, you are looking at around 5,000-6,000USD an hour operating cost for a comparable WWII Warbird today.

I would definitely get some T-6 time. That's what we do.

It's that whole, attached to life thing and do not want to end up on an episode of "Stupid People, Stupid Ways to Die".

Like this guy - "Hey I could fly anything!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPCS6j76bhE
BTW, if we amortized our fixed cost, you are looking at around 5,000-6,000USD an hour operating cost for a comparable WWII Warbird today.
Actually the guy who had given me L-29 instruction got it down to about $1,500 an hour as he'll trade a lot of his maintenance cost for flight time (as he does with me). He also worked a deal out with a guy who owns an FBO who sells him Jet A at cost - he lets this guy fly his L-29 any time he wants.

Then again the L-29 is actually really simple to maintain and operate - I could see how any recip, even a T-6 could double and triple in operating costs.

Like this guy - "Hey I could fly anything!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPCS6j76bhE

Actually the guy who had given me L-29 instruction got it down to about $1,500 an hour as he'll trade a lot of his maintenance cost for flight time (as he does with me). He also worked a deal out with a guy who owns an FBO who sells him Jet A at cost - he lets this guy fly his L-29 any time he wants.

Then again the L-29 is actually really simple to maintain and operate - I could see how any recip, even a T-6 could double and triple in operating costs.

Wow! That's crazy . . . .

My family used to own a couple of T-6's (one was actually an ex-Argentine AF SNJ; when we acquired it, it still had Spanish stencilling on it. But that's another story . . . .) and a couple of Waco UPF-7's, but they got too expensive to operate maintain, so we sold 'em. I still see the SNJ every once in a while at an airport not too far from here; at least no one's crashed it yet!

I wish I did Roman but can tell you there will be updates on the TA in the book that I am researching on my cousins unit, we will most likely present colour footage of a recent visit there just to cover construction and camo details, every square inch was evaluated back in 1990's when the TA was closed to the public and before it was set aside back in the dark corners of the buildings and now brought out obviously to do a complete refit on the craft. wish Walter Loos was still with us to view his old crate, at least that is what NASM has first thought whom flew it.

hopeful and but doubtful that Flugwerke will change their minds about the Würger staffel colours

E ` and a good new year to you and familie

I don't have any late-breaking news on the Ta-152, maybe Erich does; but, as of 1997, the plane was stripped and dissassembled, and they (NASM) had already started restoring the airframe so, hopefully, they should be close to done by now. Here is an on-line photo from 1997 showing the extensive rebuilding they had to do to the tail section to return it to it's original configuration:

Ta152H-0_5k.jpg

Hi FlyboyJ,

LOL nice video. That is Darwin in action.

I don't doubt it on the L-29 and wouldn't mind hearing more about them. You can pick them up surprisingly cheap. However a "cheap" airplane can also be much more expensive when you include maintenance. The pitfalls can be very expensive.

AERO L-29 For Sale At Controller.com

I like the cheaper fuel and longer TBO's of jets but I about choked on the price of turbine oil and I wonder about the insurance rates.

Mobil Jet Oils

I know too that other maintenance cost tend to "get ya" on jets. PM if you get the chance and give me your experience/advice on jet ownership.

sod yes I posted some of the pics from NASM just last year...........think they are the same as you just posted from the Silverlight collection under a Ta 152 thread.....we are pursuing a couple of contacts to be right there to take the most updated present day pics if possible right before our book publishing

note the blue horizontal bar of the Geschwader stab

Id rather have a German warbird take to the sky with an Allison engine propelling it, than for it to sit on the ground with no engine at all.

I bet the number of people who actually knew what this plane sounded like (in WW2) on full power take off is dwindling by the week.

sod yes I posted some of the pics from NASM just last year...........think they are the same as you just posted from the Silverlight collection under a Ta 152 thread.....we are pursuing a couple of contacts to be right there to take the most updated present day pics if possible right before our book publishing

note the blue horizontal bar of the Geschwader stab

Erich whats the books title and whos publishing it and when do you hope to have it in print?

You guys talking about warbird operating costs reminds me of the story of the millioniare who made a million out of display flying a Spitfire. Started with 3 million and knew when to stop.

I don't have any late-breaking news on the Ta-152, maybe Erich does; but, as of 1997, the plane was stripped and dissassembled, and they (NASM) had already started restoring the airframe so, hopefully, they should be close to done by now. Here is an on-line photo from 1997 showing the extensive rebuilding they had to do to the tail section to return it to it's original configuration:

Ta152H-0_5k.jpg

thanks stitch-i know these pics but i´m curious about the progress in last 10 years as all these pics were made in 1997

I wish I did Roman but can tell you there will be updates on the TA in the book that I am researching on my cousins unit, we will most likely present colour footage of a recent visit there just to cover construction and camo details, every square inch was evaluated back in 1990's when the TA was closed to the public and before it was set aside back in the dark corners of the buildings and now brought out obviously to do a complete refit on the craft. wish Walter Loos was still with us to view his old crate, at least that is what NASM has first thought whom flew it.

hopeful and but doubtful that Flugwerke will change their minds about the Würger staffel colours

E ` and a good new year to you and familie

ok erich, hope to hear some breaking news soon.
Also alles gute für dich und deine Familie im 2008.

the announcement for the title guys.........well I will not say but we are hoping possibly this fall, maybe in 2 volumes, publisher is already chosen and plans are being made

Users who are viewing this thread

Back