time to crap in your pants boyz ........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agreed.

A reproduction Jumo 213 :cool:

They should re-build an original engine for it; I know it'd be difficult but it would be something amazing.

It wouldn't fit in a Flugwerk. You should talk to Dave Goss about Flugwerk. He spent 60,000USD in "guarentee'd to fit on an original airframe" canopy and landing gear parts for an original airframe.

NONE of it fit and Flugwerk refused to refund the money. 60,000 USD for junk.

Above is one of our two Jumo 213 power eggs following a preliminary cleaning. We hope to install this into our future D-9 project, to be finished in JV 44 colors.

http://www.white1foundation.org/parts/jumo213.jpg

All the best,

Crumpp

Fantastic. Am waiting for a 152. But damm who chose the paint job looks like the D13 when it was at Champlin.

well as Crumpp said it will be in the ....gag ......... Würger staffel colours red/white undersdies.

dang, put it in JG 301 colors at least that unit saw action against the Soviets and Allies, both US and RAF

I'm not convinced it will be powered by the Allison. The Flug Werke URL notes the Allison is used in the Fw-190 tab, but that is not a Dora.

Did I miss something?

I'm not convinced it will be powered by the Allison. The Flug Werke URL notes the Allison is used in the Fw-190 tab, but that is not a Dora.

Did I miss something?

Look at the front of the gearcase in the first photo, then look at the front end of the gearcase of the Allison in the engine photo; they are identical, right down to the color of the nuts. My guess is the D-9 is powered by the Allison.

I'm there dude! Just gimmie 3 things - A 10,000 foot runway, calm winds and LOTS of insurance!

Sorry Joe love you and all...But I vote for "ME" to fly that baby...:D .....

I know you have to be checked out on flying a plane model that you have never flown before.(i think :oops: )....So how do they work it with thing like this ...And is this a real tricky bird to fly...???

The Flugwerk Dora kitplane is powered by an Allision.

It reminds me of the kitcars, looks like an exotic Italian sports car but is really a Volkswagen Beetle.

I know you have to be checked out on flying a plane model that you have never flown before.(i think )....

Technically if you have correct rating, single engine land with a high performance complex endorsement, you don't need any other rating if the aircraft is under 12,500lbs.

However Darwin loves those folks who display no common sense. The EAA offers a Warbird rating and I highly recommend you get it if you want to fly these planes.

Yes you want to be familiar with operation of a very high performance propeller aircraft. Not only can it cost you your life, it is extremely expensive to cover just the cost of learning. We are talking ~50 to 120 Gallons per hour at 5 USD a gallon fuel burn while you fly. Oil consumption can be 15-20 qts and hour at 9 USD a quart. Filters, hydraulic fliud, consumables, tires at ~350 USD a piece, it adds up real quick.

You squib a tire on landing, you can can easily spend 1000 USD in a fraction of a second.

All the best,

Crumpp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back