Time travel

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MacArther

Staff Sergeant
Sep 19, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.edge-gamers.com
If you could go back in time to influence something in World War Two, what whould you bring with you? What battle(s) would you fight in? Why?
Personally, I'd take the A-10 and put some hurting on the Germans in the Battle of the Bulge or in Africa.

PS I know that this seems unrealistic, but humor me, ok?

I know, give the Brits the Challenger 2 tank to use in Europe or North Africa. Just be sure to destroy anything that might look like it could be captured. Also, use the A10 for dog-fighting; who needs six .50 cals when you have one 30mm vulcan? Last one, take some old 17 pounder guns and give 'em to all the allies on the Western front, starting in North Africa (early on even). From there, up gun so that the Germans can't knock out 25+ vehicles for every Tiger or Panther, and thus the Allies don't have to rely too much on overwhelming numbers.

A nuclear sub to stop the German U boats in their tracks or a USN carrier complete with Air Wing to stop practically anything in their tracks

Why, instead of using the island, would you use an aircraft carrier? Land bases can hold a lot more than aircraft carriers can. The only reason you use an aircraft carrier is project aerial power in an area where you have no airfields. You do not waste time and resource sending a carrier group into a zone that supports airfields large enough to support ample forces, like Malta was.

Supposing that you can't kill of Hitler, Himmler, Georing and Goebbels and September 1939 is inevitable, I'd try and give Germany a very bloody nose in 1939 and stop the whole wrotten 6 years from happening.

1. Push the Polish govenment in 1935 to begin re-equipping their airforce and army. Poland had some good equipment in 1939, it just didn't have enough of it.

1a. Give the airforce the P.24s in 1936-1937 to replace the P.11c and then introduce the P.50 in 1937-1938. Sure, its not much, but look what the Polish airforce did with a handful of superbly trained and dedicated pilots in the P.11c. Replace the PZL P.23 'Karas' with the uprated P.43 with the Bristol Mercury. Make sure the P. 37 'Los' is available in greater numbers as well.

1b. Make sure that production of the 7TP is increased and troops properly trained in their use. The 7TP was far better than the early Panzer I and II and a match for the Panzer III. The 37mm was a good gun. Produce the TKD 40mm armed tank destroyer and the 20mm armed version of the TKS in better numbers as well.

2. Give Poland 12 months notice of German invasion plans. Allow them full mobilisation and readiness for the German attack.

give the polish dudes an AK-47 you brought from the future
burn down all the Messerschmitt and Henschel production facilities

Jabberwocky said:
Supposing that you can't kill of Hitler, Himmler, Georing and Goebbels and September 1939 is inevitable, I'd try and give Germany a very bloody nose in 1939 and stop the whole wrotten 6 years from happening.

1. Push the Polish govenment in 1935 to begin re-equipping their airforce and army. Poland had some good equipment in 1939, it just didn't have enough of it.

1a. Give the airforce the P.24s in 1936-1937 to replace the P.11c and then introduce the P.50 in 1937-1938. Sure, its not much, but look what the Polish airforce did with a handful of superbly trained and dedicated pilots in the P.11c. Replace the PZL P.23 'Karas' with the uprated P.43 with the Bristol Mercury. Make sure the P. 37 'Los' is available in greater numbers as well.

1b. Make sure that production of the 7TP is increased and troops properly trained in their use. The 7TP was far better than the early Panzer I and II and a match for the Panzer III. The 37mm was a good gun. Produce the TKD 40mm armed tank destroyer and the 20mm armed version of the TKS in better numbers as well.

2. Give Poland 12 months notice of German invasion plans. Allow them full mobilisation and readiness for the German attack.

Good idea... :)

Ill put down a few things.
1. A couple of squadrons of F-14s nailing the first wave of pearl harbor and A10s hitting the japanese carriers.
2. have france shift their military doctrine to bunch up all their tanks in one powerful force, forget building the maginot line, and have them make a lot of D.250 fighters.
3. Give the wake island defenders radar and more men, oh and a couple SAMs( surface to air missles).
4. Outfit the russian soldiers with Abrams tanks, apache attack helicopters, and m16 or ak47 assualt rifles.
Lastly kill hitler and all his cronies.
my ideas.

Id give Italy nuclear technology, convince Mussolini to join the allies, and then somehow give him power of the entire world using just a 2 litre bottle of coke and a hand grenade. Then we can all live under Italian fascist rule! ;)

eliminate the idiots that were in power of the world during the late 30's early 1940's.............all were smucks. no WW 2 eh and then we would not have this forum and also some of us probably would not have been born ............yikes what an illusion

Vassili Zaitzev said:
4. Outfit the russian soldiers with Abrams tanks, apache attack helicopters, and m16 or ak47 assualt rifles.
do you know how evil and communist Stalin is? he's gonna capture Europe and Asia and they will all be communisst under a guy like as evil/more evil than Hitler!

With the technical limitations in mind (no modern tech), I would go to replace Hitler and his Nazi party first! Ohh, not to forget Stalin, the cold war wasn´t inevitable.

If this isn´t possible, accelerate the nuclear weapon program. Germany was way ahead in the early stage of ww2 but Heisenberg succesfully decelerated the program by fighting Diebner. The KM also had some interesting setups for theoretical fusion bombs but they need more time to do so.
Combine the two stage successor of the V2 with nuke.
Combine V1 with Botuline warhead.
Game over. (no winners left)

give everyone a number of nukes that cannot be reverse engineered, and the world will go KABLOOEY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back