Tomcat forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Did you ever fly the F-15A 73-0086 now on a stick @ Jackson Barracks NG Hq New Orleans?

Did you ever fly the F-15A 73-0086 now on a stick @ Jackson Barracks NG Hq New Orleans?
I honestly can't say. At F15 school (Replacement Training Unit / RTU) I flew the early model A/Bs but don't have records of those tail numbers.

The USAF bought Eagles in batches. The A/B models were made up until 1977, then C/D models started 1978 (MacAir was making F-4s and F-15s at the same time) up through 1986. The C/D could utilize conformal fuel tanks, had 2k more internal fuel and improved radar.

In 1983 the MSIP (multi stage improvement program) which further enhanced the radar and allowed for AIM-120 employment and RWR (radar warning receiver). 1985 added improved F-100 engines (F100-100 upgraded to F100-220) which was essentially the addition of a FADEC as well as an improved Internal Counter Measures system.

So the USAF then went back to the newest A/B models and started converting them along with the pre-1983 C/D models to bring them up to MSIP standard (there were variations in these upgrades).

The school house flew the non-MSIP A/B models when I went through. I could have flown 73 and up tails but I don't honestly remember. I will check my personal logbook and see if I recorded any of those sorties.

Cheers,
Biff

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread