Top 10 Snipers in History

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No germans
What about Bruno stutkus within six months on the easternfront 209 confirm successes achieved

piet

At the top of the post, he said it was his personal favorites list, not a list organized by numbers. Good shots all of them, though!

I thought the second book on Carlos Hathcock was pretty much covered in the first book. It's been a while since I've read either so I could be mistaken.
The chapter on when Carlos stalked the Vietnamese General was some of the most excitiing reading I have ever done. Crawling inch by inch through a field for nearly two days (if my memory serves me) with very little water and a few crackers, poisonous snakes, and enemy partrols just feet from you, and then after you make the shot having to get up and run like hell in order to escape!!!! Hollywood couldn't write a better, more exciting script, in fact they would screw it up!!!

Simo Häyä was an expert at camoflaging himself, that's what made him so succesful. The most incredible thing is he acquired all of his kills withoutever using a telescopic sight. Undoubtedly this also means many of his kills were obtained at rather close ranges (for a sniper), wich makes it all the more astonishing that he survived.

Simo Häyä was an expert at camoflaging himself, that's what made him so succesful. The most incredible thing is he acquired all of his kills withoutever using a telescopic sight. Undoubtedly this also means many of his kills were obtained at rather close ranges (for a sniper), wich makes it all the more astonishing that he survived.
My Mauser (7x57) is a nail driver with it's iron sights and I've made outstanding shots at considerable distances with it. Now I'm not sure what Häyä was using, but I'm willing to bet he was putting holes in them at fairly decent ranges.

My Mauser (7x57) is a nail driver with it's iron sights and I've made outstanding shots at considerable distances with it. Now I'm not sure what Häyä was using, but I'm willing to bet he was putting holes in them at fairly decent ranges.

Probably mostly at ranges around at 300m, but that having been said you can hit a man sized target at 600m with iron shots no problem if you'e a really good shot, I've seen that done plenty of times.

He was using a Finnish M39 rifle btw, which is known to be a very accurate rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back