Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yokosuka P1Y Ginga "Milky Way"

• Ilyushin Il-4

• Tupolev Tu-2

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is a good poll IMO no worries. You can never have a perfect poll, always something wrong according to someone.
Damn, it's real hard to choose...

The B25 and B26 served in both the Pacific and Europe, so we know for a fact how they performed in different rolls and dictated by the circumstances and realities of both theaters.

Now how would have the -88 performed in the Pacific? As a torpedo bomber it would have had quite a potential impact. Just like a Betty but with better defensive capabilities and airframe strength. But what about the skip bombing and strafing role? Theres no place to put all of those MG's or cannons in the nose without crowding out the crew members.

What about the liquid cooled engines that would be prone to damage (inevitable at low altitudes) and then having to work for a couple of hours getting back to an friendly airfield. Would that help or hinder operations?

Hi Adler,

>Rather than sitting there and complaining about every aircraft that someone mentions or puts in the poll, why dont you make all the polls from now on?

Actually, I'm not complaining about them but using your poll as a starting point for further research, learning something about the different aircraft types in the process, and sharing the information with others here on this forum.

I didn't criticize anything about your polls, and I certainly wasn't the only one discussing the definitions you used when creating thems. Discussing the definitions is actually a very good way to learn something about tactical concepts that might be considered self-understanding by some - but not by all - readers.

I did never attempt to tell you how to run your polls, and I did never write anything (negative) about the quality of your polls either. Quite clearly I did never complain, and I feel that I did not even remotely deserve the kind of unfriendly answer with a lots of exclamation marks, use of irony and rethoric questions, and bold face text you have posted here and in the "Top Heavy Bomber" thread.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi Adler,

>You will get over it....

Please go back and re-read my posts, and you'll find that I never even made a single negative comment on your polls.

I don't intend to "get over it", I intend to get this misunderstanding resolved.

If you think I am responsible for this misunderstanding, you're invited to quote anything that looks like an attack on your poll, or like a claim that I know better how to run polls than you do, and I'm sure I can explain why it is not what you seem to think it is.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi Adler,

>No I am sure you will get over it.

The thing I usually do if someone is treating me in a grossly unfair way - as you are doing currently! - is that I put him on my ignore list so that I won't waste time on his future posts.

I've not been on this forum for long, but my impression is that you are usually a rather nice and friendly guy who just doesn't belong on an ignore list. Please have a look at this thread again tomorrow and then simply tell me, by PM if you like, if you prefer to be added to my that list anyway or if we can stay friends.

I don't really see anything halfway in between, like "getting over it". Aviation is a hobby for me and supposed to be fun, so anything un-fun obviously is not attractive for me - and if I'm making the experience un-fun for you, we're both better off if we simply avoid each other.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi Adler,

>No I am sure you will get over it.

The thing I usually do if someone is treating me in a grossly unfair way - as you are doing currently! - is that I put him on my ignore list so that I won't waste time on his future posts.

I've not been on this forum for long, but my impression is that you are usually a rather nice and friendly guy who just doesn't belong on an ignore list. Please have a look at this thread again tomorrow and then simply tell me, by PM if you like, if you prefer to be added to my that list anyway or if we can stay friends.

I don't really see anything halfway in between, like "getting over it". Aviation is a hobby for me and supposed to be fun, so anything un-fun obviously is not attractive for me - and if I'm making the experience un-fun for you, we're both better off if we simply avoid each other.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

HoHun - you are a smart guy with little capacity for avoiding absolutes and a great capacity for putting people on ignore when they hurt your feelings.

try to get over your self

Well, I always liked the B-25. It was rather fast and manoeuvrable (not as much as the Mosquito, though) and well equiped (if we're talking about the B-25J).

And I always liked the idea of having at least one gun in the nose, so you're not "defenceless" against an attacker... That was the weak spot of the earlier Marks of Mosquitos... No guns at all.

I still wouldn't like to take on a 109 in one of those babies, though.

HoHun - you are a smart guy with little capacity for avoiding absolutes and a great capacity for putting people on ignore when they hurt your feelings.

try to get over your self

I just wish people would stop pointing out such small trivial mistakes on a poll. Mistakes people make about an aircraft thats fine because those mistakes need to be pointed out for the benefit of everyone.

I have the flu, I have a head ache and the only posts I see from someone is trying to dispell why every aircraft is on a poll. Sometimes it can be hard to make a poll off of the top of your head.

Oh well....

How are you doing today Bill? :lol:

I just wish people would stop pointing out such small trivial mistakes on a poll. Mistakes people make about an aircraft thats fine because those mistakes need to be pointed out for the benefit of everyone.

I have the flu, I have a head ache and the only posts I see from someone is trying to dispell why every aircraft is on a poll. Sometimes it can be hard to make a poll off of the top of your head.

Oh well....

How are you doing today Bill? :lol:

Chris - I don't have the flu and nobody is picking on me -

The flu sucks - I have been laid up three times (as an adult) in bed - twice for flu and the third time was the Stent op. I enjoyed the stent op more.

Get well.

I have to go with the B-25 fellas. But, with the B-26, Mosquito and Ju-88 in close second place.... I think taht we can also look at how many versions that was made of each aircraft...hard to beat the Mosquito and the Ju-88 there me thinks....

Hey does anyone know when the first production B-25's B-26's were made? I have seen Feb-April of '41 for the B-26. Was the first production for the USAF? I have also read that the B-25 was available earlier to the UK/France but that they bought the A-20 instead, so that N. American waited until it got an order to start making them. Is that correct?

Hey does anyone know when the first production B-25's B-26's were made? I have seen Feb-April of '41 for the B-26. Was the first production for the USAF? I have also read that the B-25 was available earlier to the UK/France but that they bought the A-20 instead, so that N. American waited until it got an order to start making them. Is that correct?

Freebird - several sources have the B-26 ordered into production before first flight test - which was first ship on November, 1940.

The first flight of the B-25 was August 40 and indeed it was offered to Britain and France but the A-20/DB-7 was chosen instead...

The prototype without gull wing was flown in 1939(?) and the B-25A with this change was operational in late 1941 in squadron quantity.

Both were combat operational in Australia and New Guinea in early 1942 and of course the B-25 flew from the Hornet in April 1942 to bomb Japan.

I voted for B-26, mostly because it did well in ETO after the catastrophe of the first mission. It was a difficult choice being Mossie and Ju 88 fan. But B-26 had clearly better defensive firepower than Ju 88 and it was more like traditional medium bomber than Mossie.

Juha

Just a flyby....
I am holding B-26G or F model project for 25years. This is a conversion from Monogram 1/48 B-26B. Its still there. Me in front of a real one was taken at Chino airport in early 1998.

Attachments

• DSCF0001_edited.JPG
    DSCF0001_edited.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 93
  • marauder-small.jpg
    marauder-small.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 106

Users who are viewing this thread

Back