Trailer for "The Mighty Eighth" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wait until they start using cgi for the actors....you will see it before too long. why pay some jabrooonie 14 million for an appearance when you can have a cgi character who will show up on time...will do exactly what you ask and never complain, is ageless and works for peanuts? the characters people love from games or comic books, like laura croft, will be the actual actors. i am sure at first they will be pretty hokie...but as things progress you wont be able to tell them from live humans....will make the oscars pretty boring though...lol

Well, like in the case of "Star Wars - the Clone wars", the CGI allows for en extended storyline (more eposodes) and a wide variety of life forms being able to participate.

Some of the life forms represented would be extremely difficult to be portrayed by a human actor.

wait until they start using cgi for the actors....you will see it before too long. why pay some jabrooonie 14 million for an appearance when you can have a cgi character who will show up on time...will do exactly what you ask and never complain, is ageless and works for peanuts? the characters people love from games or comic books, like laura croft, will be the actual actors. i am sure at first they will be pretty hokie...but as things progress you wont be able to tell them from live humans....will make the oscars pretty boring though...lol

wait until they start using cgi for the actors
Like in Tron Legacy??????

12 O'Clok High, weren't some large scale models used in some of the crash scenes?

What I hate about CGI in mass fliying scenes is........... they all rise and fall together! How funny.

wait until they start using cgi for the actors
Like in Tron Legacy??????

12 O'Clok High, weren't some large scale models used in some of the crash scenes?

What I hate about CGI in mass fliying scenes is........... they all rise and fall together! How funny.

I do not remember Bill if they did or not it seems most of it was actual footage and remember their was still flying crates in the late 40's

The Hanks/Spielberg thing is entitled "Masters of the Air", supposed to cost $500m for 10 episodes.

They already do use CGI for actors, they must do, how else do you explain the weird acceptance speeches?

The Hanks/Spielberg thing is entitled "Masters of the Air", supposed to cost $500m for 10 episodes.

I'm glad you pointed that out, for the past year I was thinking the Mighty Eighth was the next BOB/ Pacific and was wondering why Speilberg/Hanks had settled on poor CGI to follow on from those two epic blockbusters. The Mighty Eighth looks just as bad as "Fortress".

I'm glad you pointed that out, for the past year I was thinking the Mighty Eighth was the next BOB/ Pacific and was wondering why Speilberg/Hanks had settled on poor CGI to follow on from those two epic blockbusters. The Mighty Eighth looks just as bad as "Fortress".

No worries. It's based on the book of the same name by Donald Miller. I've not read it, but I've seen comments that it rather follows the line of precision bombing, as opposed to radar bombing / incediaries / area raids etc. As I say though, I've not read it.

The belly landing scene in the movie '12 0 clock High' was actually done live. The pilot was a well-known movie stunt pilot at the time, but can't remember his name - shame on me, probably due to still feeling rough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back