Train Pics (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jetlag on a train?
Don't know what New York Central was thinking back then....
They were trying to come up with a high-speed train...sort of like the Japanese and Europeans eventually put into service.

Don't think the jet engine was the way to go, however. Even though it set an absolute record (185 miles an hour) can you imagine how loud that must have been?

No sh*t Sherlock!
eff off, Watson!

Like I mentioned earlier, Charles had mentioned (over at fb) about looking for a locomotive used at an automaker's manufacturing plant. So that stirred up my curiousity and sure enough, I have been finding ones used by automakers at various times...kind of having fun digging around looking for those locos...

Here's one used by Ford to transfer loads between a company-owned sawmill and it's auto plant, during the 1920's

Great find guys, love those old trains. We have a train museum in Perris but I never have been there, must go after this heat wave 105 here today, 103 yesterday suppose to be 107 tomorrow

...must go after this heat wave 105 here today, 103 yesterday suppose to be 107 tomorrow
What heat wave?

Those are typical summer temps down there! lol

Although I will admit that Palm Springs, Palm Desert and those areas are a bit too warm for my liking...last time I was down there (decades ago), a Dr. Pepper exploded in the front seat of the work truck and my screwdriver handles were all squishy. The upside to that, was I got a killer tan in less than an hour...

I know what you mean Dave about the Dr. Pepper cans, when I was in charge of the traffic division we had spray cans of orange traffic paint in the trunks of the units, one summer they exploded in the trunk, what a mess

Users who are viewing this thread