Trojan on the forum?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Roman.Glad I helped. :) But I don't use the Firefox net browser.

So one reason more why to switch to Firefox now...
I´m very happy with Firefox since I started to use it 3 years ago. With IE perhaps it took a lot of time to open every new page especialy on this forum. Firefox in this case was and is a way faster than IE.

To be honest I don't think so.The Firefox is faster when insatlled on a fast computer only. So it means that the computer is faster but not the Firefox.Many guys who switched to the browser and still using older machines , complain that the browser doesn't work faster than their old IE. I'm still using IE6 with a few updatings and I haven't had any problems with fast opening every page here on the forum so far.

To be honest I don't think so.The Firefox is faster when insatlled on a fast computer only. So it means that the computer is faster but not the Firefox.Many guys who switched to the browser and still using older machines , complain that the browser doesn't work faster than their old IE. I'm still using IE6 with a few updatings and I haven't had any problems with fast opening every page here on the forum so far.

Hard to say. My PC is 5 years old actually and with its 512 MB RAM at the end of its limit sometime, and pretty slow also. Will have to update it a bit.
But Firefox works always faster than IE on my PC.

But what does it mean faster? How much of time does the Firefox need to open a site?

1 sec...more or less..and the same my IE6 with my OS.
Undoubtedly Firefox cooperates better with WinXP than with Win98SE.Its code was created just for the OS basicly.
But you can believe me..there is more factors that can determinate a browser "speed" of work.For instance the transfer of the net connection or simply RAM capacity.

I fixed my neighbour's computer today.It was so slow that both IE and Firefox worked like they couldn't at all.All windows were opened with the time you could make a glass of caffee and get back on time to see the window opening.The HDD worked like a tractor. The main problem was the lack of RAM. There is WinXP Pro with the Service Pack 3 installed. But the RAM was of 256MB what is not enough for the OS. To remind, WinXP Home Edition needs 256MB of RAM, WinXP Pro without any service pack can work with the RAM but needs a little more.The WinXP Pro with any SP needs 512MB or more. So the correct work of the OS there wasn't possible. I have added one RAM stick of 512MB and now there is about 1GB.And now the Windows can work as it should have been.But it is not faster than my one at all.

Last edited:
For sure. I gotta buy a new RAM card as well.
A friend of mine told me I need an OS reinstallation and after that nothing happened. At least I got the newest XP edition- Nov 2009... (Ultimate 2009)
My RAM is a problem and I gotta solve it asap! 512 MB are definately not enough now...

Yep..you are right , the 512MB of RAM is not enough nowadays. Look at laptops for instance,. The 2GB is the basic RAM for them.

BTW Not always the WinXP needs to be reinstalled. There is a nice program named TuneUp for fixing, cleaning and making the XP OS faster.

Tomorrow I'm going to extend my RAM with the next 512MB module.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back