Trojan on the forum?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've been getting Java block the forum site over the last couple of day when calling up the site from my favorites, have to override this and then I go back in through my web browser and all is ok

:hotsun: :hotsun:

If someone wants to find out whether the trojan infected his computer he has to check the OS registry.

Start-> Run -> type "regedit". When the register editor is opened choose Find option or F3 and type

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen

And then Enter. If it is found that means your computer is infected by the trojan.

I tried to log on about 3 hours ago, twice and was stopped by my Avast freeware scanner that a nasty little trojan had been called HTML:Iframe-inf had been detected on this site

The Avast forum page gave this description of the bug.....

In 2008, several high-profile websites were targeted, including USA Today, ABC News, Target and Wal-Mart and simply visiting one of these infected websites could have resulted in the user's computer being infected. More recently, a number of websites have been detected by avast! as being infected by a malicious script called "HTML:Iframe-inf". Among the websites affected are a number of Government sites in the US, including the United States Forest Service, the US International Trade Commission and the websites of several embassies around the world. Many popular travel and recreational websites have also been compromised.

Beware of the threat from hacked websites

You guys that have anti-virus systems running that did not detect anything could possibly have infected systems. Malware is often programmed to kill off and disable system protection systems, and to prevent further updates so as to create a safe working environment fr the malware. The system will appear to have working anti-virus software, but in fact is completely unprotected.

The malware detected by Avast is a keylogger, looking for passwords, bank account details and the like.....it might be worthwhile checking your systems again in my opinion

Do I have remove cookies etc., to get rid of that 'tweets' to the left of the screen? It only shows up here on the forum....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back