Two Lancasters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh sure. Here we lend you our Lanc and you frickin' well go and break it!!!

From the CWH website 7 hours ago: "Lancaster update - After assessing the situation, and with consideration to safety and time constraints due to our many commitments during the tour, we have decided to proceed with replacing our #4 engine with a fresh one. Work will begin in the morning at Durham Tees Valley Airport. Our intention is to meet our obligations for the event with the 3 Lancasters at East Kirkby on Tuesday. We will advise with updates. Also, thank you for your many messages of support!"

on with the show

Pitts Special

DSCF0029.JPG

DSCF0030.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

DSCF0041.JPG

DSCF0043.JPG

DSCF0044.JPG

DSCF0045.JPG

DSCF0047.JPG

DSCF0051.JPG

DSCF0055.JPG

Hi Guys,
Heard on the news that the Canadian Lanc encountered some significant engine issues while on its UK tour and its going to cost a bundle to fix them. The news piece said the warplane heritage wanted to get the word out that donations would be welcomed as they embark on the cost of fixing the problem. We should keep in mind that financial support for our Lanc comes from private donations whereas the Brit Lanc is owned by the RAF and UK taxpayers. I have gone to the Canadian Warplane heritage site and made a donation. I personally would want to see or at least see pictures of more than one Lancaster flying together in the future. Let's keep'em flying!

Dave.

Last edited:
Yep, she had an oil leak last week, and landed at Middleton St. George, now Teesside Airport.
The BBMF have provided an engine, presumably on loan at this stage, and she should be back on schedule this week, although a few displays were missed, including Bournemouth, where my daughter went especially to see both Lancs. She was, in her own words, gutted !

Yes, "oil leak" was the description of the issue but that could be anything from a loose hose clamp to a cracked block. I suspect it was more serious than a clamp.

Vera was supposed to have left Durham Tees valley yesterday i believe, was busy so not sure what happened, i will try and check !

next set of pics, dont remember the name of the next two acts, one is a light sports plane and only got one rather moody shot of the four ship team with US markings ?
then we have the Fennec !

DSCF0060.JPG

DSCF0061.JPG

DSCF0064.JPG

DSCF0069.JPG

DSCF0096.JPG

DSCF0099.JPG

DSCF0104.JPG

DSCF0105.JPG

dont know what happened there, i posted a quick reply but the page went to the go advanced page, i hit submit reply and got a double post ?

so i will post the next set of pics
Auster, Navion and Bird Dog

DSCF0115.JPG

DSCF0132.JPG

DSCF0126.JPG

DSCF0121.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

DSCF0127.JPG

DSCF0124.JPG

DSCF0116.JPG

DSCF0131.JPG

DSCF0125.JPG