Uffz Georg Gude 6./JG 301 Fw 190D-9 Werk # 210241 "Red 13"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Wayne... Yes, the Jerry Crandall Dora books look amazing - As do the JaPo Fw 190D Colours and Markings (I, II and the forthcoming III). I came to the conclusion the other month they're all a bit of a must have, but have you seen the prices they're asking for them? I even contacted JaPo direct for the Colours and Markings series - they wanted about 160,00EUR for them both (60,00EUR postage?!?!?). Still, I have been keeping an eye out for them. But back on topic...

I will thus expand my request to include ANY JG-301 Dora's (Ideally St./JG-301, but other Gruppe will be fine) from late 1944 onwards and see if I can start to build a picture. Of course the instant you start to look for JG-301 in 1945, all you get is the same flightline picture of the Ta 152H's; its almost like no one cares about the Dora's in preference for the Ta 152... ;)

Still, I have a MASSIVE line of Projects to get through first - my 1/48th Fw 190D/Ta 152 project (Dragon D-9 (early), Dragon D-9 (late), Dragon D-9 (with AML Broadtail), Eduard D-11, Eduard D-13, Dragon Ta 152H-0... any one seeing a pattern there? ;) as well as an alternate reality diorama with 6x Ta 183's... And some He 219A's...

Cheers Wayne - PM will follow shortly...

I have the old JaPo "Fw190D Ta152", the EE "Doras of the Galland Circus" and "Yellow 13", 4+ "Focke-Wulf Ta 152", CMK "Fw190C/D-9/Ta 152 part II" (where I first saw the Orange Ta 152) and the Kagero "Focke-Wulf Fw 190 D (D-9/D-11/D-13/D-15 Models)" titles - all of which I find REALLY useful (as well as a spattering of other stuff, like the 'Russian - Borisov' one (which i got cheap with the He219 and Do335 ones), some Squadron Signal Stuff, the Monogram Close-ups for Ta 152 and Fw 190D and etc); but yeah, reasonable prices on the 'big' EE and JaPo stuff would be awesome! All I need then is to find the $$$ - we poor Tutors/Students/Researchers arent exactly oozing money! :)

Also another quick question for the masses - The Fw 190G-3; did that use the same wing as the Fw 190D series (altho the G-3 wing had the inboard Pitot)? I know they were basically A-6 and A-7 airframe (with deleted fuselague guns, pylons for bombs/tanks) and a bunch of Fw 190's were remanufactured A-7 and A-8's - WHY??? I am toying with the idea of cutting up an old G-3 kit (building a G-3 doesnt really interest me I am afraid), using the spare bits of various -190D kits and building a -190D-9/D-11 with all the cowling removed, tanks out and generally opened up (slightly inspired by the 'Brown 4' thread elsewhere on here)... Either that or so the simpler route and add an A-6 gun cover and turn it into a FuG 217 equipped A-6/R-11 Nachtjäger.

I know - too many projects... ;)

tamiya kit has the FW 190 D-9 JV44 with the "13 red" Galland Circus, these are the images of the kit that I have:

3bd72d73.gif

000a7ca8.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back