Uffz Georg Gude 6./JG 301 Fw 190D-9 Werk # 210241 "Red 13" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was just thinking....(excuse the double post)...it would be nice to see a IV./JG301 Bf 109G-10 alongside it...

Well, give me a......hang on....need to go back upo to see what the topic was again....JG 301 '109 numbered '13' and I'll do it! 8)

I was just thinking....(excuse the double post)...it would be nice to see a IV./JG301 Bf 109G-10 alongside it...

got one lined up green 2 :lol: just need to find the decals for the numbers

Attachments

• JG_301_gr_2.jpg
    JG_301_gr_2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 125
It is a nice pair.....wait....what am I talking about here.....:oops:

If we can find a JG 301 '109G-10 numbered '13', to go with the Dora-9, then we have a nice pair for the Focke Wulf/Messerschmitt GB....8)

Erich- Saw on another forum that they were rather confused with JG 301's bars and what colours etc., can't remember which! :oops: Was this something they used, the bars in Yellow, Red, Green etc.?

Chris- Appreciated as always! :D

JG 301 was pretty fancy with their colours

white-I. gruppe when worn, red for second gruppe, III. grppe usually did not have a coloured horizontal bar but when found it was yellow. IV gruppe was always blue. Geschwader stab was a strange green with slight blue hue to it.

trying to determine which gruppe had what Doras is difficult I must say as II. gruppe Doras did not always have the horizontal red bar painted on the fuselage.

E `

Right....would expalin things then! :lol: Always appreciate your input Erich (and everybody elses too of course!)!
Now, a '109G-10 and a Dora-9 from JG 301 will be interesting.... 8)

not sure about the shape of the 13, yes would be in Geschwader stab or even unmarked but still flying with the unit, spring of 45 JG 301 had no time to put on all the markings nor did they care ................ something to think about.

Dragging this topic back into the fore, I would like to ask if anyone could direct me to any manner of reference for "Green 1", which I beleive would have been a St./JG-301 Fw 190D-9 in March of 1945.

So, why do I ask? Well I'm sure all here know of the 'Red-Orange' St./JG-301 Ta 152H-0, flown in late March 1945 to Rechlin. The story goes that JG-301 Kommodore Fritz Auffhammer flew the -152H, while Roderich Cescotti flew the -190D one his wing... I'm just thinking a pair of Dragon kits might look nice like that!

Dan

Dragging this topic back into the fore, I would like to ask if anyone could direct me to any manner of reference for "Green 1", which I beleive would have been a St./JG-301 Fw 190D-9 in March of 1945.

So, why do I ask? Well I'm sure all here know of the 'Red-Orange' St./JG-301 Ta 152H-0, flown in late March 1945 to Rechlin. The story goes that JG-301 Kommodore Fritz Auffhammer flew the -152H, while Roderich Cescotti flew the -190D one his wing... I'm just thinking a pair of Dragon kits might look nice like that!

Dan

the primary reference is Jerry Crandalls Vol. 1 on the Dora 9 which show a portion of Cescotti's log book for the flight confirmation of green 1 as a D-9, there are no photo's, if there was at least a W.Nr. this would at least give a hint to the aircraft's possible camo colours....and yes would be a nice pair! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back