Under the knife

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last July, when some businesses were opening, I took my girls roller skating, an activity we always enjoyed. I always impressed my girls with my skating abilities (played competitive hockey for a number of years so ice or roller skating is second nature to me). Well as we were preparing to leave a little girl cut me off as I was slowly exiting the rink, my weight shifted and down I went. My girls were in shock because "Daddy never falls!" Well I did this time and inured my shoulder. After a few months of expecting this thing to heal and several doctors visits it was discovered I damaged ligaments around my rotator cuff. Tuesday I go under the knife, an out patient procedure but they're still knocking me out.

Chalk another one up for 2020! I may be scarce next week...
Good luck and heal quickly ,Fellow Norcrafter!

I hope you do better than myself!
Was 72 when I had both mine done.
Referred to my Dr as Dr Tantrum......
Never had anything good to say to me, ur anyone else.
5 years later I hear a "pingggggg" in bed.
My right shoulder is sh!te.

Dear Doctor
If I did to you what your shoulder surgery has done to me, I'd be arrested for aggravated mayhem.
This would cost me dearly, but your future patients would be safer!

Sorry to hear that! Today was a good day, getting out, pain has really subsided. Hope it continues!

Congratulations on a successful op. Twenty odd years ago you would have been stuffed for life. Now it is routine surgery with a very high recovery rate.

Just make sure you follow the docs orders to the letter.

My wife had a shoulder reversal complete with complex bone grafts in May and so have two others we know since. She totally obeyed the Doc and physio and is fully recovered. She did not drive for three months and cannot put clothes on the wash line or lift more than 5kg with that arm for life but she is now almost as good as new and totally pain free.
One friend was driving two days after the op and cannot understand why she is having so much trouble with her recovery. The other noted the difference and is religiously obeying the experts.

Congratulations on a successful op. Twenty odd years ago you would have been stuffed for life. Now it is routine surgery with a very high recovery rate.

Just make sure you follow the docs orders to the letter.

My wife had a shoulder reversal complete with complex bone grafts in May and so have two others we know since. She totally obeyed the Doc and physio and is fully recovered. She did not drive for three months and cannot put clothes on the wash line or lift more than 5kg with that arm for life but she is now almost as good as new and totally pain free.
One friend was driving two days after the op and cannot understand why she is having so much trouble with her recovery. The other noted the difference and is religiously obeying the experts.

I had my right shoulder done 24 years ago. I have a 6 inch scar that runs from the front all the way underneath to the armpit, and 3 scars where the anchors/pins were inserted. My recovery included 6 weeks of immobility followed by 6 months of rehab. And my procedure was a successful one with no complications.

A friend of mine just had the same procedure done. He has two small incisions, the procedure was done arthroscopic and his rehab recovery is down to "weeks" compared to my months.

I had my right shoulder done 24 years ago. I have a 6 inch scar that runs from the front all the way underneath to the armpit, and 3 scars where the anchors/pins were inserted. My recovery included 6 weeks of immobility followed by 6 months of rehab. And my procedure was a successful one with no complications.

A friend of mine just had the same procedure done. He has two small incisions, the procedure was done arthroscopic and his rehab recovery is down to "weeks" compared to my months.
If only this were mirrored in warship and warplane construction!

Minimally invasive surgery has dramatically improved recovery times across the board. Even though I find it much less interesting 🙈

Minimally invasive surgery has dramatically improved recovery times across the board. Even though I find it much less interesting 🙈
Oh man!!! LOL!

1606605407834.png

All went well! Home and numb!

Before

View attachment 602971

After

View attachment 602972
Sorry I missed this thread at the time, took a week off for Thanksgiving to be with family, glad your surgery went well, but...

Let's just say, the mask might have been an improvement... :lol::lol::lol:

All kidding aside, glad you came through OK, wishing you a speedy recovery my friend.

Well today I went to the docs, I have to wear the sling for 8 weeks to include sleeping with it. The good news is the incisions healed really well and I'm making great progress. I showed the doc that I was able to tie my shoes on my own and he was impressed. I start physical therapy next week and that will press on for about 5 months. In the mean time I'm off the opioids and antibiotics so the spirits will flow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back