US Navy....WTF?!?!

....and something about sparkling new toilets!
 
I think any one with any historical knowledge doesn't need to know about the Feats and contributions of the USN is it posiibly directed at the unaware and oblivious
 
Using a Gov computer, I cannot see the website...go figure!

Anyway, I'm an old plane mechanic for the USAF/RES and I respect all military service, foreign and domestic with great admiration. I have takened and read books on WWII on aviation, sea under-sea, and land. And actually chatted with veterans of lost time in history. It is greatly sad that major events of historical facts have been left out. The more inportant events such as that has been said in this thread. We live in a time where politically correct is more important than fact. We have gotten soft and sensitive to others that might take offense of what we know is the truth. And giving the fact that the email you sent are kicking back is a sign of how much they care about what you have to say. Or maybe, what is done, is done, and the site is closed for criticisms.

I rather read about the history in books and film documentaries, as well as this site!, the truth is alot closer and believeable there (and YouTube!). Thanks for posting this thread and getting our attention of this fact. Go Navy! Go Army! Go Marines! Go Coast Guard! Go Air Force!
Dan
 
Last edited:
Relax boys and girls. Though we are told that the military of today must set the cornerstones for the military of tomorrow, we all know that who WE are today is based on the past, not the future...ergo, we are the future. It doesn't matter your Service, nor Country; this is essentially the credo under which we live.
This is nothing new and as the next generation, for F*** sake, don't screw it up!
Last year, the Canadian Navy celebrated 100 years of Service-What I found funny (as an unoffiacial member of several comittees and a CONSTANT contributor to their website) was that it was driven from above-Only the 'right' info was put out there.
I ramble...spend the $10 and buy the Feb 11 issue of Flight Journal for the first installment of "100 Years of Naval Aviation" (No, MODS, this is not a sales pitch-I have no affiliation whatsoever).
Read it - It is great-I can't wait for installment #2!
BTW-Get a Spellcheck addition. I went through this for half an hour! (Or am I dumb and missed it-Thats okay-It wouldn't be the first time)
 
Well Pat...political correctness (I really hate that word) has been around for some time, sadly. It's just that in recent years, it's grown to such a degree, that it eclipses rational thinking and will eventually become a huge liability for society (more than it already is)...

I can name one huge example of PC at work in the past: Patton
 
I am not really sure how this applies to my last post...Anyway, ironing is done, dishes done, I am going up the road to a place called "Black Irish Pub" for a coolee before I put my head down -If I am not bleeding, I'll let you know how that goes!
Ready Aye Ready!...
You know you are loaded when... CDB comes up on your music selections!....Long, haired Country Boy!!!...WTF?
 
Pretty disappointing since my grandpa served on two ships during the Korean War. One being the U.S.S Worcester and I forget the name of the other ship
 
Umm, where is the Coral Sea? The Marianas? :rolleyes: The Navy's got a lot of holes to patch there....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back