US vs. China? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nonskimmer said:
Bizarre?! Talk about the understatement of the century! :lol:
Nah hell, we'd just bitch and argue about what was tougher, the moose or the kangaroo, we'd knock out a few of each others teeth, then we'd all get pissed on shitty beer and pass out to the off-key bellowing of Waltzing Matilda and the Hockey Song. :)

That'd be the way to fight a war! ;)

Everyone knows that the Moose is way tougher than a stupid kangaroo. I can see the kangaroo standing there trying to box and the Moose steam rolling it flat. lol

Not to mention we have beaver in Canada, way more beaver in Canada. Beaver is way better than a Moose or a kangaroo any day. mmmmmm Beaver is good, Beaver is nice, Beaver is best served bald. mmmmmm Beaver!!!! Beaver!!!! Beaver!!!! Beaver!!!! Beaver!!!

marconi said:
Beaver does not stand a chanse against DUCKBILL!!! :)

Well if you are into Bills than whatever dude...... good for you. Look at it this way if your gate swings both ways you have twice the chance of getting lucky!!! Bills are not for me, but good for you. You should be proud, at least you are out now. You feel better now? lol

Nonskimmer said:
Mmmmm...beaver...=P~

We're not talking about the rodent with the big teeth and the flat tail I hope, I don't know if I could eat something that gamy. :mad:

:evil4:

Nope, I am talking the kind of beaver best servered nice and smooth, pink and hairless. Thats good eating!!! lol lol

Nonskimmer said:
Yes, I too think a war between the US and China would be bad. Yes...very bad indeed. ;)

(Smooth, eh? :toothy5: )

Smooth is the best way. ohhhhhhh yes smooth.

yes China and USA would get ugly as stated before. China does not care to much about deaths on their side and USA is very touchy about deaths. I think for the USA general pop to except it China would have to do something first on par with what Japan did to the USA in WW2. Now where would this fight happen???? That would be interesting to me.

Perhaps as stated before, the ever present issue of Taiwan would spark the war. China still considers it little more than a rogue province, and has never given up on their claim to it.

Lol, NS, way to attempt to stay on topic. Les, I laughed at your comment...

If the U.S. ever went to war with China, I would see it being because of a war between Japan and China. And the U.S. would have the huge advantage of having more military bases and allies near China than China has near the U.S. Obviously, the war would be mostly naval and aerial. In both facets, the U.S. would do considerably better than China. Technology and money dominates. Any ground fighting would take place in China (or Japan, if the war started as I speculated it would). China would dominate the ground war, but with considerable damage to Chinese civilians, industry, and farmland. The U.S. would keep ground fighting to a minimum and would only engage in ground combat, I think, after some severe bombing. All in all, I think the U.S. could win, but there would obviously be some severe damage in terms of human life and economy on both sides of the war.

Well, that's what I think. Have a good day everyone!

Nonskimmer said:
Perhaps as stated before, the ever present issue of Taiwan would spark the war. China still considers it little more than a rogue province, and has never given up on their claim to it.

That could be a tough fight for the USA to win that close to mainland China. You really think that USA would risk war with China over Taiwan?? Not much in it for USA to defend Taiwan. Its not a oil country, its not super rich, not loaded in natural resources, its not a terrorist country, China is not going to kill all of its people, not stopping a global communist plot.... why would they risk a global war of it? Just asking, don't know to much about the whole situation.

The U.S. would risk a global war over Taiwan because our allies would do so too. Does that make sense? Maybe not...

Well, I don't think it would be about resources at all, but just about backing the little guy so to speak. China has tried to bully Taiwan back into the fold for years, and the US has openly supported Taiwanese independence. Would the US be willing to actually go to war with China nowadays, if push came to shove? Beats me. My instincts tell me yes, but who the hell knows?

Nonskimmer said:
Well, I don't think it would be about resources at all, but just about backing the little guy so to speak. China has tried to bully Taiwan back into the fold for years, and the US has openly supported Taiwanese independence. Would the US be willing to actually go to war with China nowadays, if push came to shove? Beats me. My instincts tell me yes, but who the hell knows?

Yeah who knows, verbally back someone is one thing going to war and risking WW3 over it is a totally different thing. WW3 which would cost many many many lives and alot of money.

Well, with so many wars already...

It's hard to tell. As long as the president and Congress was willing to go against popular opinion, it would happen. The American public may be quick to break promises, but the government is a bit more careful about that, although it's obviously happened numerous times before.

Delusional said:
Well, with so many wars already...

It's hard to tell. As long as the president and Congress was willing to go against popular opinion, it would happen. The American public may be quick to break promises, but the government is a bit more careful about that, although it's obviously happened numerous times before.

But again this is vs a giant world power with a huge military force and nukes. WW3 with them I think would be a tough decision for the Government or the public. This is not some small middle east country with no nukes, they have a small old army and China has not directly attacked USA. Like I said before IF China attacked USA first well thats a different thing, yes USA would fight forsure. But just to back up or to keep their word or for a moral reason risk WW3......... not sure about that. Who knows maybe they would. It would be scary to behold. The air combat would be huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back