US vs. China?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well, the I've heard the best fighters they got are like 1000 or less Su-27 and 30s, the Chinese are gonna lose air superiority of course

You know that's true. But you know what would be an interesting war: the US against the Brits. US has more troops, but the brits have heart and guts. The brits will not quit no matter what(ex. Battle of Britain), while americans aren't that bad. Other than those advantages for each of them, they are evenly matched.

Britain would lose rather badly to the US I would think, they have already fought one war against each other.

A whole EU combined force against the US would be more interesting and more evenly matched though.

the US would be rushing to get the F-22 in frontline service

Yes, a war between Britain and the U.S. would result in a British defeat, I think. The only "even match" might be the navies. As far as air and ground, the U.S. would have large advantages. That would be an ugly war, though, considering the distance between the two nations.

A whole EU force, however...hmm, that would be tough. I think that war would more than likely come down to economics. The fighting might come to a stalemate, but the U.S. economy might spiral. It would be interesting to see (not literally, of course).

if it's the whole EU we'd win no problem, the only thing that would proberly go wrong is relations within the EU and so the effective fighting abilities of the forces would be lost.........

with regards to war between the US and UK, the US would win as it stands, but (what, you didn't think i'd give up that easy, did you ;) ) look at our military power and equiptment compared to the size and populations of out countries, if our country's power was scaled to the same population/size it suddenly wouldn't look so bad for the UK..........

the lancaster kicks ass said:
if it's the whole EU we'd win no problem, the only thing that would proberly go wrong is relations within the EU and so the effective fighting abilities of the forces would be lost.........

with regards to war between the US and UK, the US would win as it stands, but (what, you didn't think i'd give up that easy, did you ;) ) look at our military power and equiptment compared to the size and populations of out countries, if our country's power was scaled to the same population/size it suddenly wouldn't look so bad for the UK..........

Win no problem? I sincerely doubt that.

Sure you have a good point, Lanc, but considering that could never happen, it's hardly a point at all.

you kidding me? within the EU are some of the world's largest military powers.........

e_map.gif

source on right click

(note this map is a little old, some of the countries here shown as candidate countries are now part of the EU)

the UK, Germany, France, Italy, in some respects spain, heck even Sweeden and Greece have a fair ammount of military capabilities, the entire EU would fund the war, and there's very little we can't produce ourselves.........

EDIT- after reading les' post (he beat me to it)

i'm not too sure who that comment was directed at but fuel was something i hadn't thought about, i was thinking more in terms of military capabilities........

Eu vs USA mmmmmm USA would have it tough vs them all. I have to agree more with Lanc on this one. EU is big, both monetarily and land mass wise and army size.

I could see a sino-usa war starting with the following scenario.

1) PRC attacks ROC, with the result that the sealanes in that part of the world being shut down. The oil tankers going to Korea and Japan refuse to transit the area.
2) Japan threatens to use any force necessary to keep the sealanes to the south open.
3) ROK also strongly hints it will support Japan
4) PRC doesnt let up on its attacks on ROC. It isnt succedding and the zone of combat keeps expanding.
5) Japan finally intervenes resulting in a missle exchanges between the navies of both nations.
6) US intervenes at the request of its long time allies as well as other countries.

Lanc, your whole post seemed to further my point that the actual fighting would probably come to a stalemate but that the U.S. economy would be sorely affected. It's not like the U.S. doesn't have other allies outside of the EU that we might be able to get on our side.

Wow, Les, I don't know what to say...

Syscom, I agree with your post. Good thinking all the way around.

Delusional said:
It's not like the U.S. doesn't have other allies outside of the EU that we might be able to get on our side.
I know you're not thinking of Canada. ;)
A) We're a proud nation of fence sitters these days.
B) If our military were any smaller, it might just qualify as a Boy Scout troupe.

In a US vs. UK scenario, the US has it. No question. They have the toys, the know-how, the bucks, and the drive. The UK has all of these things as well, but the US has a lot more of them. The UK would be one helluva tough nut, but in the end Uncle Sam has more in his corner.

In the US vs. EU scenario, I'd have to lean towards the EU. Assuming the alliance stuck together and ran seamlessly, as lanc said.

Nah, if Canada was involved at all, it would be "God Save the Queen!" Lol. I was thinking more along the lines in the Asian sphere.

Sure, NS, but that's a pretty big assumption, don't you think? Last I checked things were seldom running smoothly in the EU.

It's not like the U.S. doesn't have other allies outside of the EU that we might be able to get on our side

i suggest you don't bring allies into this, we can bring along half the commonwealth, you're not exactily flavour of the month in most places ;)

Nonskimmer said:
I know you're not thinking of Canada. ;)
A) We're a proud nation of fence sitters these days.
B) If our military were any smaller, it might just qualify as a Boy Scout troupe.

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back