Va. collector donates Civil War photographs to Library of Congress (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

old photos like these are fantastic, these were real people, with real lives and each one is a story that we will never know. i think that that little girl is in a grave somewhere and all that remains is this photo. if only these photos could talk

Dang. Like the Civil War or not, that's awesome!!! That someone would go to all the trouble to collect these photos (and I'm assuming other memorabilia, as well) to preserve them and then donate them to an institution that will take care of and preserve them, where they would normally have faded away in some dusty attic or damp basement somewhere...that's just frikkin awesome!

I'm with Mike here....each one of these photos has a story behind it, a life cut short or otherwise forever changed by the events taking place. If only they could talk...of course, I'm also the morbid type who drives past a cemetery and wonders what the stories are of those buried there, what sort of tales they could pass along...

RA, me too, god, i wished i could go back and spend a LOT more time talking to grandma and grandpa, and i wish i could remember everything they told me. for several years they had a roomer living with them they called "the kaiser" he had, what i now know was a picklehaube. i wish i remember more about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back