Valentine tank found in Poland

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder if it was one the Valentines made in Canada and supplied to the USSR ..... is it gas or diesel ..?

" ... For developing its own tank forces, Canada had established its own tank production facilities. After modifications to the Valentine design, to use local standards and materials, 1,420 were produced Canada. All, bar a few of the Canadian production, were sent to the Soviet-Union, alongside 2,394 of British production. They formed the Commonwealth's main export to the Soviet Union under the lend-lease programme. The remaining 30 were retained for training. The use of local GMC 'Detroit' diesel engine in Canadian production, was regarded as a success and the engine was subsequently adopted for British production."

[Wikipedia]

Valentine tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://lend-lease.airforce.ru/english/photogallery/valentine/index.htm

Attachments

• thumbnailer.php.png
    thumbnailer.php.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Very probably will be able to do so, once cleaned and restored. That T-34 brought out of a bog last year, still had battery charge, and the engine turned over!

You have to love mud at times.

Well I was out Mountainbiking this morning and I bl***y hate mud. I reckon I brought back about 10 pounds of the horrible stuff on me and the bike. If it preserves me as well as the Valentine I will be a bit happier when I am the same age.

Last edited:
Amazing how the mud preserved the vehicle so well. I would love to see the finished product once restored

Users who are viewing this thread

Back