Vanishing Point....1968.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd be going Italian lads, Alfa Romeo Spider, $4000 in 1968.

1967-Alfa-Romeo-Duetto-Red-Front-Angle-st.jpg
the Cuda cost less then 3000 and would last more then 3 winters

how about any where in the North East the euro cars of that era were not the best cars for North American use at least where there was a hint of winter

That as well - take em to the south west and they did fine, or don't drive them in the winter.

Before you mopar guys get your panties in a huff:lol: For 5 grand i would buy a used FORD GT40 with a cleveland 351 with 4 48ia carbs, makes 450hp on pump fuel an will han anything on the road its ass especially on distance driving....

I know next to nothing about American muscle cars, but at 6'1 I do know I would not fit into that car without chopping the top of my head off when closing the door.:cry:

Before you mopar guys get your panties in a huff:lol: For 5 grand i would buy a used FORD GT40 with a cleveland 351 with 4 48ia carbs, makes 450hp on pump fuel an will han anything on the road its ass especially on distance driving....

that would be one hot,sweaty and stuffy drive through the desert...not to mention ear rattling. you might make it their quick, but you would be a loony, sweat soaked speed freak by the time you crawled out of the car...lol

p.s. [edit] I should have made it clear that the Ford Gt40 had horrible ventilation in the cockpit (cabin?) and the engine gave off a lot of heat (in the cabin)...no AC. It was very noisy in their too...but hey, it did (duz) look cool. Although, for styling cues I prefer the 1967 Ferrari (Don't shoot me I know that it cost more the $5000)
1967-ferrari-330-p4.jpg

Sticking to the thread topic I had a hard time between the '68' Mustang the Dodge Charger R/T 440...I kept thinking of another movie.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMc2RdFuOxI

pic_blog_duels-bullitt-goons.jpg

Last edited:
that would be one hot,sweaty and stuffy drive through the desert...not to mention ear rattling. you might make it their quick, but you would be a loony, sweat soaked speed freak by the time you crawled out of the car...lol
I'm no mopar person :evil:if I had to choose it would be GM and 68 Camaro with the 302

Users who are viewing this thread

Back