Viking's Aircraft Pictures

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker

Lieutenant General
Apr 10, 2009
South Carolina
Lately I've started to collect Original Aircraft Photos and so far have amassed a massive collection of 11. Hey, you have to start somewhere.

First up Bristol Beaufort

The note on the back of this picture states:

TAKING ON A CARGO OF "TIN FISH" IN ENGLAND

ENGLAND - Aerial torpedoes on trolleys being loaded on Beauford (misspell?) Aircraft at an airport in England.
These explosives are used in operations against enemy warships. This is one of the first pictures received showing the Aerial Torpedoes.

Photo passed by the British Censor. - RO-1/15/41 (s)

Attachments

• Beaufort - RESIZE.JPG
    Beaufort - RESIZE.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 803
That one with the blokes looks like it could be a Shellback initiation, crossing the equator thing! They can be rather bizaar and brutal.

Yea, I have to agree with you on that!

Fresh batch came in today.

MB 210 - resize.JPG

The Bloch MB.210. This picture must have been taken after France fell as if you look closely under the port engine there appears to be an Me 110 in the hanger. The Germans used the MB.210 for training in 1942. They were also used by Bulgaria Romania but the camo scheme appears to be French.

He 111 early - resize.JPG

An early He 111 with a collapsed landing gear. I could not figure out the which unit it was from "56 E12"

Can't see anything under the port engine of the Bloch Dave, apart from bomb bay doors, but the aircraft in the hangar, under the starboard engine, aren't Bf110's. The one on the left looks like it might be a ...darn! Forgotten the name - but a twin-engined French aircraft, which looks a bit like the much later Flamant! It might even be a DH Rapide or Dragon.

Can't see anything under the port engine of the Bloch Dave, apart from bomb bay doors, but the aircraft in the hangar, under the starboard engine, aren't Bf110's. The one on the left looks like it might be a ...darn! Forgotten the name - but a twin-engined French aircraft, which looks a bit like the much later Flamant! It might even be a DH Rapide or Dragon.

ie starboard - Dammit, nice catch and thanks for not calling me a dumb a<cough> :oops:

Here's a bigger pic. There are 2 in the hanger, the one on the right (the hand without my watch) looks like an Me 110 to me. The one on the left I could not make out but you might very well be correct on both.

Attachments

• hanger.JPG
    hanger.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 644
Don't think so. The landing gear legs either have the yokes outboard, or possibly inverted 'U' shaped, or it's rear spats or splash guards, whereas the '110 has inboard,'straight' legs, with the wheels outboard.

The Me-110 has straight landing gear struts to the inside of the wheels. The pic shows an upside down "U" shape over the wheel with the strut going up from the middle of it. Don't know what it is though:?:

Edit - Okay, Oops on me. I didn't go to page 2 to see essentially the same answer.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back