VMF/VMF(AW)/VMFA-323 Death Rattlers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey guys!

I was looking around on the internet today and discovered this decal sheet:

48-206f.jpg

48-206b.jpg

48-206.jpg

I'd link you to the sheet itself, but it's an odd site and I won't be able to. It's on page 20 of the decal area of this site: Twobobs Aviation Graphics.

I already knew they had a really cool Corsair scheme, so I figured I'd see what else they flew. Turns out they flew F-8s AND F-4s, both of which I have in the stash. What I'd like to do (all in 1/48th) is do an F4U-4, an F-8 (if the version permits as I can find very little info about what version they flew), an F-4N (which they did fly) and an F/A-18C, which I can get my hands on for cheaper at a museum, if they haven't sold it yet of course. However, the only sheet I can find is that Hornet sheet I linked. Does anyone know of any sheets?

Here's a link to a profile of an F-4, it's the 3rd profile (can't just link the image):

Aircraft illustration

Thanks!

I'm not sure if it will be, it would be cool though. I have a few to finish now that it's warmer out and I can paint them. I'd like to do the F-4 and F-8 for the Cold War Build, so it'll start soon, if I can get my hands on all the decals. The only ones I can't seem to find at all are the F-8 and F4U decals, and I'll have to procure F4U and F-18 kits.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the F-18. I'm going to also use this thread as storage.

I was also able to determine that VMF(AW)-323 had F-8Es, but the only sheet I know of is a Fox One sheet, and they are now out of business so it may be impossible to find.

Scratch that, found it on Flightdecs, whom I was going to order from today anyway!

f148025a.jpg

http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/decals/f148025.htm

Attachments

• 3857565401_a2e4abf598_o.jpg
    3857565401_a2e4abf598_o.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 583
  • 3858354790_c710642abd_o.jpg
    3858354790_c710642abd_o.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 365
  • 3858354962_3f84291ba4_o.jpg
    3858354962_3f84291ba4_o.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 2008DJDuran_MCAS_IMG_4294.jpg
    2008DJDuran_MCAS_IMG_4294.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Heh, this is going to be pricy if I go through with it, shipping is included if applicable.

$50 for 1/48 HobbyBoss F/A-18C
$16.00 for the F/A-18 Decals
$21.00 for the F-8 Decals (though I'm ordering CF-101 decals at the same time, so that adds to the shipping a bit)
$20.00 for the F-4 Decals

All told $107, and that's not even including the F4U-4 kit and decals that I might do, nor the $100 I've already spent on the F-4 and F-8 kits.

The F-4 decals bother me the most, as Squadron only charges $9.00 but then charges $10 in shipping, yet TwoBobs charges $4.00...

And I apologize for all the back to back posting.

The F-4 decals bother me the most, as Squadron only charges $9.00 but then charges $10 in shipping, yet TwoBobs charges $4.00...

Those TwoBobs decals are awesome. I've got a bunch of their stuff and it's fantastic.

Squadron redid their shipping rates (after MANY complaints) so that small shipments like that aren't charged the full shipping tariff. Unless they've switched back, that order shouldn't have that much shipping.

TwoBobs charges shipping? I've never paid shipping charges for their decals. And i just bought a couple of sets from them last month.

Oh wait, this is going to Canada. Different rules apply although I'm not sure why. Never mind. :)

Yes, apparently Canada is a strange, exotic land that it costs a lot to ship to... :lol:

Good to know the TwoBobs are good decals! I don't have any experience with them. I don't mind paying $4 shipping, hey, I don't mind paying $10. But what I don't like is paying more in shipping than for the actual decal sheet. I asked if FlightDecs had any of the Phantom sheet or knew of somewhere in Canada that did, but they don't and don't, so I'm hooped! Oh well, I'll survive.

Yes, apparently Canada is a strange, exotic land that it costs a lot to ship to... :lol:

Good to know the TwoBobs are good decals! I don't have any experience with them. I don't mind paying $4 shipping, hey, I don't mind paying $10. But what I don't like is paying more in shipping than for the actual decal sheet. I asked if FlightDecs had any of the Phantom sheet or knew of somewhere in Canada that did, but they don't and don't, so I'm hooped! Oh well, I'll survive.

:lol: You know there has to be a way around that shipping. I wonder if it would be cheaper to have them shipped to someone in the states and then have them mail them to you? I don't think TwoBobs charges shipping on their orders to the US - in fact, I KNOW they don't because I just ordered two decal sets from them. Let me see if they have anything I need. :)

:D Cool, thanks, though it's not necessary, not for $4.00! You have given me an idea though for the squadron decals, I have grandparents in Florida so I'll ship at least the squadron decals there as I'm sure it'll be cheaper.

Last edited:
Ended up ordering the rest today! I would have only saved about $6.00 in shipping if I sent it through my grandparents in the US, so it wasn't worth going through that rigamarole! Ended up ordering some Alclad too from squadron, so it all works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back