„Volksjäger“ (people fighter) Heinkel He 162 in 1:32 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aye Very cool, you should of mailed me, or I should of mailed you :S I have a couple pics of that BMW engine when it was still around in the Aviation Museum here in Ottawa, I did it for my very first "serious" model which was a He-162 :D I have another He on the workbench that I should finish but I'll wait till you finish your kit so I can copy and pic your brain a bit on the Heinkel :D

Hi David,
I used colored Copperwire and soldering wire.
A last look on the engine from the other side:

13549827rn0.jpg

Back to cockpit:
The canopy isn't bad but it lacks the typical structure of its frame. On the real thing the frame was made out of metal rod which was riveted on the Perspex of the canopy. How to tangle this? I didn't dare to thermoform a new Canopy.
So I did it the rough way. With a Dremmel I carefully grinded in a groove for the frame. I protected the clear parts with tape gave up drinking and prayed. You can get very religious doing this.

13995031nn6.jpg

Ailerons and flaps are mounted:
I think doing the connecting rods pays dividends now.

60114601nd7.jpg

The front landing gear is in its place:

16086839iq7.jpg

The underside and the main gear:

13883264ux7.jpg

Once more:

28182549ix2.jpg

The engine covers still miss some details.

20166034wz1.jpg

The finished "Volksjäger":

41860335.jpg

22426038.jpg

33197360.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely brilliant!
I'm beginning to think that this is not a model at all, but the real thing, which someone has sprinkled with 'Fairy Dust' to miniaturise it !!
really superb work Bernd.

I'm speechless. This is by far the best build I've seen on this forum. My sincere congratulations Bernd and I hope you'll treat us to a thread on your next project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back