Volkswaffe

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
Words can not describe the awsomeness of the flying punch bug!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk52tDKELdQ

P1010026x.jpg

Sounds and looks too good to be true to me. I think it's a hoax.
What aircraft could and would carry a VW to such an altitude, and then release it?
Common sense, that's all.
Just imagine the Luftwaffe bombarding London with Beetles? *giggle*

Last edited:
Wow. Just.....wow. Never would've figured the VW as being able to generate enough lift to get past the "lead balloon" stage into (at least) the glider stage.

Yep...it's made up and I love it!

There's about 5 videos that I know of, showing different "Volkswaffe" bugs in action.

The Documentary, the attack (and interview) on a B-17 formation, the over-flight of a city and two "secret test" videos :lol:

there was talk in spring of 45 to unleash a horde of Opels from a higher altitude onto the rear of B-17 formations in a mass suicide attack, this was in regards to replacing the needed Bf 109G and K for the defense in the east. the Opels were suppose to be filled with explosives in the area where the engine was housed.........

The "Failed Test" footage of the Volkwaffe bug plunging into the ground is actually taken from actual footage of a P-51D that was hit by flak. If you see the actual combat footage, the P-51D pilot barely makes it out and into the silk before hitting the ground...

It would be great to see them make more Volkwaffe clips :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back