Wanna buy an Fw 189? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I thought the late Paul Allen bought this aircraft. Maybe it's part of the fire sale that museum is having. Anyway, anybody have 2 million US dollars I can have?
From what I understand, his family are selling off all the projects.

you did see that the $2M was estimated cost to finish the project? another $1.5M to buy it.

I saw that rig when I visited ARC in 2017 and at the time it was supposed to be a big secret that they were contracted by Paul Allen to work on it. Talking to my guide he said that it was going to be a huge challenge as there were no known extant drawings and nor was there any other example of the aircraft in existence anywhere from which parts could be reverse engineered. It will take a special person or organization to take this on.

I wonder what else you can buy with 4 M $???

USD.PNG

Kermit Weeks in Florida has one under restoration. I just watched a Ytube update on the restoration. Mr. Weeks has a bunch of Warbirds.

He does have a Focke Wulf FW-44 under restoration. The Rechlin museum in Germany built a replica fuselage with some original parts incorporated.

Attachments

• fw 189.JPG
    fw 189.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 93
  • fw 189b.jpg
    fw 189b.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back