war crimes commited by wehrmacht

what do you think ?

• german soldiers just commited war crimes under superior orders.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • german soldiers commited war crimes because they was out of control and superiors didnt care about.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah 60 minutes of Bull shi* eh ?

guess then the comparisons could be to what we witnessed in Nam then ? B.S. double time......... ! think some of the forum patrons better do some serious research before they post

funny to me when civilians were killed in cross-fire or then set out by Charlie with bombs strapped and then got blown away we we got home we were called Killers ................ piss on all of ya if you believe that, if you had been there .........

better stop

no it wasn't . I don't have exact numbers yet since I'm not at home right now but it was definately not a majority.
In fact there were far more than 17 millions of civilians killed. Estimates differ, but the most modern researchs mention even 21 or 22 mill dead.

and the legend of a clean Wehrmacht is refuted by the latest researchs as well. There're thousands if not tens of thousands of accounts which disprove it.

No army was "clean", Stasoid/Ramirezz. The Wehrmacht committed war crimes, the Soviet army committed war crimes heck every side did. The SS, Japanese the Soviets were probably the worst though.

Relax guys, I'm not trying to compare the Coalition forces in Afganistan or Iraq to the SS, I was merely trying to explain how seeing your buddies mutilated by the enemy can send one into a rage.

Yes there are examples of US soldiers completely overreacting in Iraq, one incident was caused by an IED going off which made a platoon of US soldiers assault civilian households, throwing in grenades asking questions later. One of the soldiers was recently interviewed by 60 minutes.

I don't see that as a slamming of the Coalition forces as they're doing a great job over there and I can understand why things would go out of control some times. The problem in Iraq Afghanistan is that we're fighting an invisible enemy, which is scary as hell and very hard on the psyche.

Moving on..

Nothing justifies what the SS did, ever, but poeple also need to understand the difference between the different branches. People also need to understand that the majority of the Waffen SS were normal people, the sadists, criminals etc etc were mainly with the shooting squads and different branches. We also need to remember that all sides committed war crimes, and not make monsters out of entire nations because of the actions of some its soldiers.

That's all really.

You words were "where US soldiers have gone beserk against civilians a number of times already".

Definition of berzerk: violently or destructively frenzied; wild; crazed; deranged

violent, mad, maniacal, rabid, demented, lunatic.

Again you better back up that statement or retract it real quick...

ah 60 minutes of Bull shi* eh ?

guess then the comparisons could be to what we witnessed in Nam then ? B.S. double time......... ! think some of the forum patrons better do some serious research before they post

funny to me when civilians were killed in cross-fire or then set out by Charlie with bombs strapped and then got blown away we we got home we were called Killers ................ piss on all of ya if you believe that, if you had been there .........

better stop

I can understand why such accidents happen sometimes Erich. War is hell.

All I'm trying to make some people understand is that similar things as those happening around the world today also happened during WW2.

I remember an interview with a veteran Waffen SS soldiers who told a story of finding one of their lost scouting groups caught and mutilated by the Partizans to the point where it was not possible to recognize the bodies. This sent the men into a rage and the town close to the area felt that first hand as it was burned down and all the men were shot in suspicision of being Partizans. The women and children were just left standing there, their town burned down, nowhere to go.

The war in the east was the most brutal, and no pardon was given by either side.

You words were "where US soldiers have gone beserk against civilians a number of times already".

Definition of berzerk: violently or destructively frenzied; wild; crazed; deranged

violent, mad, maniacal, rabid, demented, lunatic.

Again you better back up that statement or retract it real quick...

Ok bad choice of words then, what I meant was they were provoked into a rage. Seeing your buddy blown to pieces can do that to you. The fact that the Taliban are fighting a cowards war doesn't make things any better. Coalition forces are often having a real hard time trying to seperate the civilians from the taliban.

I do not think any time or anywhere Soren you can understand, unless you sadly like some of us were there, understood, felt the heat of battle, were shot at, yes even in Israel, what that does to your mental psyche

my suggestion to you and others before anyone posts after me is to think first, observe and then plan your statements accordingly. this is all about the survivalists code which I have taught over and over again and probably will until I leave this planet, it will save your butt and it also applies to these very forums

I have spoken

I understand Erich and you're absolutely correct. I guess I just have a probem expressing myself properly.

The same things applies to what happened in Iraq, you will do what it takes to make sure that your fellow soldiers survive.

and how did you figure out that?

Well lets see... because they didn't discriminate in their killings. The Soviets executed entire so called "liberated" towns because after they occused them of "helping the Nazi's". The towns didn't help the Nazis. Like I said, the Soviets no better.

Anyway I think we should take Erich's advice and let it go now cause this is a very sensitive area and one can easily get misunderstood.

I apologize if I offended anyone cause that not was what I intended.

This is to anyone and everyone:

Crimes are committed in every war. The difference between a crime committed by a Coalition soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan and the types of crimes committed during WW2 (by any nation) is that these crimes are not condoned. The offenders are punished under strick law governed by the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice). Soldiers who do these acts are punished harshly.

Anyone, I repeat anyone who tries to make a comparison between the SS, Wehrmacht, Japanese, and Soviet attrocities of WW2 and the Coalition Soldiers (notice I said Coalition Soldiers, we are not in this alone) will be immediatly banned.

This kind of BS really strikes a nerve in me!

Case Closed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back