Warbirds Over the Rockies (R/C) pics ... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_4327_w.gif

IMG_4211_w.gif

IMG_4204_w.gif

IMG_4170_w.gif

IMG_4075_w.gif

IMG_4093_w.gif

IMG_4079_w.gif

IMG_4004_w.gif

IMG_3966_w.gif

IMG_3963_w.gif

Very nice pics.... Since u seemingly ignored my post above, I fly R/C aircraft, not at this level of course, but Ive owned 3 Warbirds and a slewload of trainers....

And I can confirm ur above statement, when u crash a plane that u have put hours and hours into, and its the best flying aircraft uve ever had ur transmitter control, it feels like a small part inside of u dies...

10 more ...

I happened to be looking at that beautiful P-38 (see my engine-run shots of her a few posts above) through the lens as she came in with, I believe, a gear problem. Extremely skillful flying on the pilot's part kept the damage to a 'repairable' minimum. The mishap notwithstanding, she flew superbly throughout her routine. I had a soft spot for this one as she displayed a 435th FS patch on her nose ... I flew with and did some artwork for the *current* 435th FTS (IFF) at Moody AFB, Ga, not too long ago:

IMG_3865_w.gif

IMG_3866_w.gif

IMG_3867_w.gif

IMG_3868_.gif

IMG_3869_w.gif

IMG_3871_w.gif

IMG_3700_w.gif

IMG_3647_w.gif

IMG_4333_w.gif

IMG_4376_w.gif

man alive........

how did most people transport the planes? did they take the wings off during transport? did they have special trailers or something?

the lancaster kicks *** said:
man alive........

how did most people transport the planes? did they take the wings off during transport? did they have special trailers or something?
You forget Lanc, many Americans drive big trucks, especially rednecks and mountain folk! ;)

Thanks for the great post and pictures. The level of finish is certainly high, and it looks as if the flying was pretty good too. I liked the Thunderbolt with the tail low landing technique. Very well flown.

Most of these models have a removable wing for transport. Many have trailers to transport them within, but the majority of autos in the US used by modelers are trucks or vans.

Chris...

thanks Wade for the photos. P-38 on landing was a bit realistic to say the least.

those Cali guys need to get in touch with the München boyz to bring over their radio controlled Me 262A that was posted on these forums some time ago. that would be great to get the two groups together......... yes ? :D

Hi, why am I unable to see pictures on your posts? They just show a red cross. John..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back