Watched the movie "Red Baron"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Torch

Senior Master Sergeant
Feb 9, 2006
Florida
last night, got to say it had poor acting and overall poorly done, would not recommend it to anyone.....

I'll second this review. Too much emphasis on his supposed romance with his nurse than on the actual air war. But I guess that's what gets the people in the theater.

The new one looked like a PC Dog. Shades of "Pearl Harbor". Heard there was a scene where he and A. Roy Brown meet in No Man's Land and have a touchy feely moment. Jeez!

Heard there was a scene where he and A. Roy Brown meet in No Man's Land and have a touchy feely moment. Jeez!

Yep, that was in there and I just laughed to myself. Movie would leave the un-informed to think that if Roy Brown were not in the air Von Richtofen would not have reached his 80 kill mark;) I think he shot him down at least twice in the move if memory serves me correctly.
At least there were no flying doghouses piloted by Beagle dogs!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning..... Think I'll pass on that one.

The History Channel had a show on about who actually shot down the Red Baron. Credit was given to the Canadian
pilot (Brown ???), but the show dis-proved that he could have done it. He only fired while diving on the Red Baron,
then pulled up and ran for home. The Baron was hit by a single bullet, a .303, [in his right side]
but everybody shooting at him had the same ammo.

The guys on the ground, Evans, Popkin and Buie were in the running. Popkin eliminated himself in a letter. He said he only
shot at him head on. The Baron took one bullet in his right side. Buie was too far away, so that leaves Evans. They
proved, on the show, using a laser, that Evans probably shot him down, and never knew he did it.

Charles

wait...Red Baron...what? where the crap was I when this came out...better yet, when DID it come out? who directed it?

Typical bl**dy Hollywood mince then it sounds like, another one to add to the Pearl Harbor pile of cr*p....

Yep, except it was filmed, produced, and financed in Europe, but they seem to have gotten thier script from Hollywood. Like one reviewer on Amazon wrote "At least they got two things right, Von Richtofen was German and he flew a Red airplane";)

Last edited:
At least there were no flying doghouses piloted by Beagle dogs!

Maybe there was and he got left on the cutting room floor. Did Brown have a wingman? Anybody else in the flight with him? Maybe old Snoop got the chop because his acting wasn't up to snuff or the flick ran too long....

The forum should make our own movies

Shinipachi can do CGI
Eric, Aaron, and Dave can do photography/videography
Terry, Jan, and I can be actors!!!
And then the rest of you can make the backgrounds....

Amazing my wife loved PH, I couldn't stand it either..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back