Watched the movie "Red Baron"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes said:
As Pearl harbour was the biggest load of rubbish ever to waste computer time, it sounds like this one (Red Barron) is a close second, or maybe beats it!
BTW, the bullet which (eventualy) killed von Richtofen, entered the side of his buttock, travelled upwards, and exited, IIRC, through his upper chest, near the shoulder. He was still alive when ground forces reached the wreckage, dying soon after. So it has to have been one of the gunners on the ground, and not Brown, who brought down the Red Barron.

Accordng to the History Channel, who did a study using lasers from the ground. The Canadian Pilot, Brown, could not have shot him down, even tho he got
the credit for it. Brown made a diving pass, then scooted for home. They finally decided a ground pounder named Evans probaby shot him down.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh. I can just imagine a script with Jan involved.....120 minutes of love-making, with a brief glimpse of a Fokker Dr1 flying past the foggy window in the distance.

:evil4:

Yup agree Flyboys was much better.........

Wonder for how long we'll have to wait for another MAN war movie and not another chick flick where a wee skirmish happen to break out?

Last edited:
Just watched it....too much focus on his relationship with the nurse, not enough air-to-air sequences. Acting was....pretty poor, I thought, too much angst overall. I wanted more about his life, about his accomplishments, and was left feeling disappointed. Bleah.

The flying scenes were good, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back