Wayne's Award Winning Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for your kind words mate....the antenna wires....I use the flame on the stove.... very carefully I might add, still manage to stuff up plenty before I get one to work just right! Keep trying you will get it right...

Wayne have you ever tried surger thread? It is thinner than a human hair, has amazing tensile strength, is paintable and comes in 200yd spools for a buck or so. If you choose not to use it, what are the advantages of stretched sprue?

Wayne have you ever tried surger thread? It is thinner than a human hair, has amazing tensile strength, is paintable and comes in 200yd spools for a buck or so. If you choose not to use it, what are the advantages of stretched sprue?

No I haven't Matt, in fact I haven't heard of it before now....should look into it! Thanks.

Advantages...? Well it is easy to make..with a bit of practice and patience, can be shaped to suit when sagging or some shaping and bending is required....

Ok this 109 is well known...Red 13, the mount of Heinrich Bartels...1/72 scale Hasegawa.

This was a First Place winner in Small Scale Aircraft in Adelaide...I don't recall when, but it was a while back!

Spinner was hand painted with a fine brush!

Attachments

• 1_Bartels Red 13_9799.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 2_Bartels Red 13_9798.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 3_Bartels Red 13_9801.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread