Weightlifting/fitness anyone?

Do you go to Gym?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, so I think I gained some musculary via fitness, tuna fish etc... ;)

The problem is my stomach grew very much...... I'm like some fat bitch now....... I do situps every day but them seem not to woork......

HELP man!

Its an exersise. Similar to a sit up but you dont go all the way up to you knees. In crunches you work your ab muscles by clenching your muscles by coming up slightly off the ground and holding it for about 2 seconds and then releasing. Do about 5 sets of 15 a day and in no time your stomach will be toned out.

Pisis said:
Yes. But they're not as intensive as sit ups, are they?

Well....... I keep excersising like for 3 minutes in a row (on/off) and I can see (and feel) only a very tiny effect..... Is there a needed way how these should be done?

You are not doing them right then. I dont know how to describe it in words but I normally do about 5 sets of 15 or 20 a day, and my gut looks better than when I did sit ups and my sit up score on the Army PT test is better.

Well could u describe at least the intervals, height and Körperteile that are used between the lay and pull-up?

Well you lay down like you are doing a situp. When you come up rather than coming full up, only raise yourself about 6 inches off the ground and hold it for about 2 seconds, then come back down to the ground and come back up and hold 2 to 3 seconds.

There are varietions to the excersise also, such as obliques. In this one you lay down like a sit up but then you take one leg and cross it. If you crossed your left leg, take your right arm and lay it out flat to your sie 90 degrees from you body. When coming up with your body, tilt your body slightly to the left or right depending on which leg you have crossed. Do 20 of these and then switch to the other leg and other side.

Here is actually the correct way to do them and a better way to describe them than I did up there:

Crunches

Muscles Worked:

The primary muscles worked during crunches are the upper abdominals. Secondarily are the lower abdominals and the obliques.

Equipment Needed:

Crunches can be performed on the floor or on a bench.

Execution:

Lay flat on the floor or a bench. Bend your legs and raise your knees so your legs are perpendicular to the floor. With your hands placed in front of your chin or behind your head, exhale and curl your upper body towards your knees contracting your abs. Hold the contraction for a second then slowly lower your upper body back to its original position.

Form:

Don't arch your lower back during crunches. Keep it slightly rounded. If you have your hands behind your head, make sure you do not pull on your neck. Don't try to lift your whole body off the floor. Keep your lower back in contact with the floor or bench and round your shoulders towards your pelvis.

Range of Motion:

Make sure to fully contract and stretch the abdominals during crunches. The abdominal muscles are only responsible for about the first 30° of motion so the range of contraction is not that great. Let your abdominals stretch at the bottom of the movement but don't let the tension leave.

Comments:

The abs are a muscle like any other and are stimulated by overload. You can hold a weight a few inches from your face while performing crunches to increase the overload and stimulate more abdominal development.
http://www.ast-ss.com/training/exercises/execution.asp?bp=Ab&pn=8

Twisting Crunches

Muscles Worked:

The primary muscles worked during twisting crunches are the obliques and upper abdominals. Secondarily are the lower abdominals.

Equipment Needed:

Flat bench

Execution:

Lie on the floor with your hands behind your head and place your legs across a bench. Exhale and curl your upper body towards the bench rotating your elbow towards the opposite knee.

Control yourself back to the starting position and repeat the motion to the other side.

Form:

Keep your lower back slightly rounded as you perform the crunching motion.

Make sure you do not pull on your neck as you are crunching.

Don't try to lift your whole body. Keep your lower back in contact with the floor at all times.

Range of Motion:

Make sure to fully contract and stretch the abdominals during twisting crunches.

Let your abdominals stretch at the bottom of the movement but don't lie flat and let the tension leave.

Comments:

Obliques get a lot of work as stabilizers during heavy weight training and don't need direct overload.

If you want to do some oblique training you can incorporate twisting crunches without any additional weight.
http://www.ast-ss.com/training/exercises/execution.asp?bp=Ab&pn=2

Attachments

• twisting_crunches_285.jpg
    twisting_crunches_285.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 261
  • crunches_116.jpg
    crunches_116.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 269

Users who are viewing this thread

Back