Weightlifting/fitness anyone?

Do you go to Gym?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My method:

(1) Liquids: only water -lots of it-, jamaica (the best) and natural juices.

(2) Food: (i) zero pork; (ii) beef once a week (strictly); (iii) sea food at will -shrimps, lobster, all kinds of fish, oysters, scallops-; (iv) fruit and vegetables; (iv) zero -utterly strict- junk food and drinks: burgers, fries, hot-dogs, tacos, chips, cookies, candies, coca-cola, pepsi, etc.

Main snack: pitted prunes.

(3) Sports:

(i) Swimming (daily) 5 kilometers -no rest, all the way from 0 to 5km-.

(ii) Sea surfing (religion): at least 3 months of the year -continuous vacation period when I move to the beach- and every weekend that allows it when I am not on vacation.

(iii) Capoeira: From monday to friday (two hours) since my arrival to Mexico -4 years-.

(iv) Football (soccer): I am the attacker of team here. (Game scheduled every sunday)

Zero drugs. Zero tobacco.

Beer/alcohol: red wine (a daily glass at lunch). Tequila, vodka or rum are ok when on goth/industrial night parties. Hardly any beer.

weight training for what ? casual or competivness. Impress the women or doing it to supposedly stay fit till you are well past 100 ?

It will not work for your needs as in the Muscle man mags unless you have the born genetics and that has everything to do with it. I'm a trained cyclist and from the pics you have seen of me on this forum you can tell I am of lean build. i do not pretend to be mr. macho but even if I worked out hard my upper body like I used to before nam i still couldn't get myself like "those" guys could. On the other hand I do know what I am capable of een at an old fart age of over 50years and theat is using what I have for a hard training workout on the bike.

keep at it but don't let it be a god

speakaing of high carbs of 35 % or more, realize that any intensive and very hard workout will burn calories like you have never imagined, thus absorbing quick carbs like energy drinks and carbo food bars is a natural to replace lost muslce, yes you will lose muscle by burning it too hard, and the increase in latic acid flow ~ this coauses the burning in the muscles that you are or will be all too familiar with in a short amount of time.
include complete days of rest. My regime is 5 days a wekk cycling from 25 to 65 miles with a 100 mile century thrown in possibly 1 per month. just because I am burning up thousands of calories and even with all the water/energy drink and carbos/proteins I take the muscles need beneficial rest.............it is all important unless you don't mind 'bonking' and blowing your body apart with a brief inclusion of hospital time

v/r E ~

I used to lift in the heavy-weight class. I found good old fashioned skipping (jumping rope for our friends in the US) to be about the best Cardio-vascular exercise. Pisis are you wanting to lift competitively or simply increase your fitness?

Kiwimac

I have heard that 10 minutes of skipping as around equal of 30 minute running. Something in that region.

I just want to increase my fitness.

I used to work out unregulary between my 15th-18th year but then I had a mouch for two years and then I started kickbox and after gaining some skills you have to gain also some fitness points unless you want your limbs to be crippled.............

I play tennis, soccer (during Summer) and hockey (when the ice is on) from time to time and during the entire Summer holidays I do swimming every day.

In winter, I'm more used to Downhill Ski then Cross country...

Udet said:
(2) Food: (i) zero pork; (ii) beef once a week (strictly); (iii) sea food at will -shrimps, lobster, all kinds of fish, oysters, scallops-; (iv) fruit and vegetables; (iv) zero -utterly strict- junk food and drinks: burgers, fries, hot-dogs, tacos, chips, cookies, candies, coca-cola, pepsi, etc.

Jeeez! I'd literally die of starvation if I was on that diet...

I have to go to the Gym and work out every day. ON Mondays, Wednsdays, and Fridays I normally go running and I run 3 to 5 miles. ON Tuesdays and Thursdays I actually go to the Gym and lift weights, do push ups, and sit ups. I hate working out though. I would much rather be a couch potatoe but I do not want to get fat and the army makes me do it so I do.

then only real fitness i do is delivering newspapers every morning :)
and i keep my weight due to gaming :p ( well.. mainly because i forget to eat something ^^ )

Too bad u and I couldnt play hockey together Pisis... If I could catch u, I'd clobber u....

I go to the gym 3 times a week, fast walk and stair climb, go to Bushidokan twice a week, and argue with my wife all week long...

And meats are a very poor source of protein.... Fish is better and so are beans...

I bet the arguing with the wife is your greatest exercise, eh, les?

On the protein bit, I eat tuna and mackeral all the time. Freakin' love the stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back