Weightlifting/fitness anyone?

Do you go to Gym?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Started to work out again. Afer... 1,5 years! OMG!!! that will be hard. I'll have to do a lot of crunches... :whipitgood: :wrestler7:

She used to work out thrice a week until she had those health problems six Months ago. I did for three years very often but then didn't do anything for two years and when she showed me some of her excersising skills this Weekend, I got really ashamed... Not mentiong that I am feeling and looking better after only two visits to the gym. 8)

Come on Pisis. Lanc is a pubescent teen. Ofcourse that is all he thinks about. The best workout that he probably gets is from his hand...

:lol:

Lanc dont get mad, it was a joke...

Well I've read some article recently about the difference of man's and woman's sexuality and there was one sentence: "Women, on the contrary to men, don't think on sex 24 hours a day".

:lol: I can sign that! :lol:

U have to work ur abs out in 3 sections Pisis, upper, middle and lower abdominals....

Crunches work the upper abs, situps work the middle, and leg lifts/flutter kicks work the lowers...

The thing about abdominal work Pisis, and I believe we went over this before, is that they are the hardest muscles to improve on... It takes weeks and weeks and months to get ur 6 pack to blossom...

U also have to work ur serratus and oblique muscles as well, as these muscles connect ur abs to ur sides and waist... Do situps or crunches with a twist, bringing ur left elbow to ur right knee, and vice versa...

And for ur crunches, do not support ur legs up in the air, but hold them up there on ur own as u use ur lower abs to keep them there, like in the first pic...

I'm stuck in an office job (aviation consultacy) for 11 hours a day, but I run/swim every lunch time (pisses off my boss something fierce).

Monday:
Morning: 20 minute stretch
Lunch: 35 minute run/10-15 minute strength
Evening: 1 1/2 hour capoeria

Tuesday:
Morning: 45 minutes weights/ or Lunch: 20 minute run/30 minute swim (Tuesday is my busy day at work so I can't always do the run/swim)
Evening: 2 hours acrobatics/gymnastics or 1 hour boxing

Wednesday:
Lunch: 45 minutes run
Evening: 1 1/2 hour capoeira

Thursday:
Morning: 1 hour run
Lunch: 30 minute swim/10 minute run or strength

Friday:
Morning: 30 minutes run/20 minutes free weights
Lunch: 35 minute run/10-15 minute strenght

Saturday:
2 1/2 hour capoeira training (2 sessions) plus a roda (game) of about 1/2 hour

Sunday:
Morning: Beach run/swim combo
Afternoon: Capoeira with friends in oark/on beach

After being a dedicated (but fairly average) cross country and long distance runner and semi-serious (and even worse) triathlete in middle/high school, I got a little lazy at Uni. Once I moved to Japan, I got back into my running (via the magic of hashes), and ended up choaching my Junior High athletics team (we finished third out of 121 schools in the Kyushu competition :D ). Got introduced to capoeira by a friend, but never really got to try it out.

Moved back to Sydney, got a job and started organising hashes in the local scene. Got bored because they were either groups of professional/serious athletes looking to run others into the ground or very casual and non-competitive. No fun either way for a semi-serious athlete like me.

Ran my own club for six months or so and then left it all behind and started doing capoeira three times a week. Now all the exercise I do (run, swim, weights, stretching, acrobatics) is all based around improving my core strength and flexiability to make my capoeira better.

At the moment I'm in the best shape of my life (I'm 27) and I'm doing twice as much exercise as when I was training for 10kms ect. I'm also about 30kg heavier than when I was running, mostly thanks to all the upper body mass I've put on from handstands and cartwheels and silly crap like that (one of my nicknames at school was 'Match', bacause I was stick thin and had a massive head).

The only training I do is lifting my fat arse out of the sofa to get another beer
(at least I'm honest) thats as close as i'll get to a six pack these days although our local supermarket has 24 packs on special offer at the moment.
"Open two three, Drink two three, Swollow two three, BURP"
Repeat in sets of three or four or what ever you fancy.

The only training I do is lifting my fat arse out of the sofa to get another beer
(at least I'm honest) thats as close as i'll get to a six pack these days although our local supermarket has 24 packs on special offer at the moment.
"Open two three, Drink two three, Swollow two three, BURP"
Repeat in sets of three or four or what ever you fancy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Ah yes, Beer AND Exercise all in one!

that can be done of course but I like to curl with a bottle of Deutsche Spätlese or Aüslese in each hand. About 50 reps with each bottle before sampling.

As Kiwi said lighter weights will actually go farther for your stretch and added muscle routines, as over weights can stress and tear, but as you limber up you will be able to take on more weight. As I have been doing endurance training for most of my high school through "now" life, I've tried countless different means not to get into a boring habit. change is good......well sometimes. do fast pace walks with light weights in your hands as you walk, and you are exposed to more muscle developments. At least with that type of exercise you will know what muscle groups need working and expanding

Pisis I know the snow levels have been a real zilch this winter but are you close to area of cross country skiing (Nordic) ? you could probably find no better stretching and testing almost all body muscles than that. Of course I have to admit that cycling has to be in your top five listings :D Hey long life is a good thing man . . . ........... ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back