Weird things happening when typing...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
Hi guys, this might be at my end only, but I was wondering if there was anyone else who has been having a few issues with the functions not loading properly once the page loads. I've noticed that today particularly, while typing, the quote function won't highlight quotes, or then it might load the quote twice, and also the function bar above the text box doesn't work until the page is refreshed again... Is this a thing or is it at my end?

And just like that, this appeared in my text box; I didn't initiate a quote at all. When I tried to delete the text from the text box, I couldn't. I had to refresh the page before I could do so.

This just appeared.png

I did not see what nuuumannn did, but he quoted something I had said upthread and part of my text showed up, but not in a quote box like usual. There was also a link (blue highlighted) below the quoted text that did not go anywhere. After about half an hour or so it changed to the normal quote box with the complete text, and the link went away.

Hi Nuuumannn
Does your computer have only one browser?
If no try the other(s) or download another and try with that. I would suggest you consider Brave browser - it has some issues and has a small learning curve for an old **** like me (77) but it blocks nearly all advertising and that makes it sooooooo much easier to work with.

About an hour ago the scroll wheel on my mouse stopped working on the Alerts sub-window (it still works as normal on the main thread pages) and I can not click on and drag the scroll button in either type of window.

IT help desk humor.

Or User Interface Error!

We sometimes get wee defects at work highlighted by the pilots that we are highly dubious about, but we have to investigate what they are since they have raised a defect log to deal with it. In one instance years ago, one guy once wrote, "Fault not found. Pilot removed from flight deck. Aircraft satis for flight."

The other one the pilots like writing is that things are near to being replaced, like, "LH O/B mainwheel almost needs changing", so we write "LH O/B mainwheel almost changed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back