What Annoyed You Today? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The U.S. Postal Service annoyed me today. Package being send from one state to the left of Minnesota has taken nearly 4 days to get here with just one update. Last time this happened it was just sitting in limbo on a shelf at the local main Post Office...

One of my kids had a package just disappear. He had several updates up to the day of delivery, then got a status unknown message. Four weeks later, it turned up.

It's like the decals from Serbia. They arrived from Serbia in 10 days at JFK. Then vanished. For a month and ten days they were MIA. The seller (Aleks) went to the USPS to complain and they were here the next day. Otherwise I don't think they would ever have made it to my house. It's worker storage and budget cuts.

The worst shipping issue I ever had with USPS was way before covid. I got a great deal on a manual transmission center console for my old 67 GTO. The seller just wanted it gone and I paid $100 plus shipping for it. From the pictures it looked perfect I would just have to color match the plastic parts. Shipped from Harrisburg PA to Belleville MI. Tracking had it in Toledo Ohio in 2 days, no problem. Then the next update was 5 days later in Oklahoma? What it was only 60 miles from my house in Toledo! A trace turned up nothing. They reimbursed me the aprox $150, but the going rate for a good usable part was closer to $500, plus shipping!
In the end it ended up costing me $400+ for a replacement. I was and I am still not happy about it. Even though I sold that car years ago!

One of my kids had a package just disappear. He had several updates up to the day of delivery, then got a status unknown message. Four weeks later, it turned up.

We renewed my youngest kid's passport, and we received the new one 2 weeks later. You have to send in their original birth certificate (not a copy) and their old passport as supporting documents. Well its been 12 weeks now since they were sent and they have not arrived. Lost.

Now I have to request a new birth certificate from the state he was born in, and even more annoying is its his original one (which is important to mom and dad), and his first passport he got as a baby with all the stamps from our travels is missing (the memories are important for mom and dad).

Needless to say, I'm pissed at the postal service, and even more pissed at the passport agency since they won't even answer my requests for information on reimbursement.

Within the past two weeks I received my American Rifleman magazines for February, March, and April.
Yeah.. all for the guns.. :lol:

1713900781611.png

Youngest has Strep Throat again. Still at the doc with his mom. Damn. Can't go to school again until Thursday. Good think I work from home mostly, don't need to PTO.

Oldest is passed out on the couch. I assume he is next.

On a positive note, screw it. I'm taking advantage of the peace and quiet, pouring a Bourbon, and taking a hot bath. lol

Youngest has Strep Throat again. Still at the doc with his mom. Damn. Can't go to school again until Thursday. Good think I work from home mostly, don't need to PTO.

Oldest is passed out on the couch. I assume he is next.

On a positive note, screw it. I'm taking advantage of the peace and quiet, pouring a Bourbon, and taking a hot bath. lol
Better now then when in Germany. Would spoil a lot to have a sick kid then. Now the will be well protected from that as they heal.
So kinda lucky and cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back