What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Department of Work and Pensions annoyed me today.
On Wednesday, I reached retirement age, meaning I should now be paid my State Pension. However, the DWP have instead paid me Job Seekers Allowance, a benefit paid to the unemployed of working age !
Not only have I been unable to work for the last ten years, due to disability, for which the DWP have been paying me the appropriate benefits, but on reaching 65 years old in the UK, a man does not need to seek work, and should receive his State pension. Also, the benefit I have been paid this week is substantially lower than the rate I'd receive for the pension, leaving me 'out of pocket' until this obvious error is rectified which, knowing Government Departments, could take months !!

Yep, and you can bet your last bacon sandwich that it's the fault of some lazy Rs Civil Servant who couldn't be bothered to check properly, having seen a date and age change, and hit the wrong computer key.
I know what these people are like, and trying to get any sense out of them is like trying to find Hitler's dog - and they don't give a ****, as long as they can finish work at four, especially at a weekend, and do whatever boring things they do with their miserable ****ing lives !
GRRRR !

Got my vehicle registration renewal notice today, along with a reminder that they will no longer
send renewal notices in the future. From now on us poor citizens will have to remember when to
renew our drivers licenses and vehicle registrations. Police forces will make a bundle on fines
from forgetful folks. Thank you to all the fools that voted for our NDP government.:evil::crazy:

Mozart !
Spent one hour and 28 minutes, listening to the same few bars, interrupted by "Please continue to hold ...", whilst trying to get some sense from the DWP !
Half way through, I actually managed to get my State Pension sorted, but the rest of the time I was shifted from one office to another, half way around the UK, trying to get the rest of the 'missing' benefit sorted, only for the 'phone line to go dead whilst still listening to the same, repeated bars of bl**dy Mozart !!!

Ah nice to know that type of phone tag is shared elsewhere. Here we get transferred to the "permanent hold line" on occasion. It is particularly nasty in that there is no music just a very infrequent click as you get placed back on hold. Glad you at least got part of it sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back