The young ones today make very good money and do not see the value of repairs or proper care. They seem to feel there will always be a paycheck and enough to buy replacements. My three daughters think I'm frugal (cheap) when I repair things. I point out that the old stuff was better made than the things they buy, so it is better to repair than replace if possible. I view my youngest and her husband as both a great success and some small failure as their education has provided good paying jobs, but allowed them to live in a "replacement" mode. Another example of generational difference occurred when I was still working. There were only two in the shop, both well into our 60s, older than every one in the office. One day we received large equipment well packed in heavy wooden crates. After all the dust settled and quiet resumed, my colleague and I were sitting on the concrete floor straightening nails with hammers when one of the young supervisors walked in asking, "What are you doing?" After explanation, he walked off shaking his head.