What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I fully agree.

Like I mentioned the other day, Bulgaria has been fully mobilizing, moving assets to the east coast and calling in reserves.

Aparently, Romania and Hungary are doing the same.

Putin is on the verge of making a big-ass mistake.

But let us not take our eyes off Taiwan while all this is going on.

Agreed. reports are coming in that Russia and China mutually agreed to support each other over Ukraine and Taiwan.

This afternoon, I spotted a budding runner of Poison Oak (that I thought I had eradicated) on the side of an Oak tree.
So I grabbed my pruning shears and waded into the brush to cut the stem.

I located the active shoot at the base of the Oak tree and cut it, satisfied in my life mission of eradicating the Poison Oak completely from the property one day and this was just a minor victory in the long term picture.

However, little known to my determined self, I had stepped unto the middle of a red Ant colony and was literally engulfed in a growing layer of angry, biting ants who literally gave zero sh*ts about my war on Poison Oak.

If you have ever seen a movie where they get covered in bugs and start pulling off their clothes while running and swatting and slapping and such, that was me.

Yep. That sh*t's real and those were some very angry ants, too...

Blackout and sitting in the dark the other night, to pass some of the time...tried to see if i could measure the speed of dark....couldn't see anything to measure though....? :evil4:
Thank goodness you weren't painting a model airplane when the lights went out and didn't know what color paint you were dipping your brush into, we already have a thread on that somewhere.

Most new cars today have the composite headlamp installed in such a way that the headlight (and turn and marker lamps) have to be accessed by either a small door in the fenderwell or by removing the entire fenderwell itself.

My 2011 Chevy HHR is one that requires the complete removal of the fenderwell to access the back of the composite housing - because of that, I got rid of those crappy "push-in" anchors and replaced them with the reusable "molley" style anchors that release when you remove the center piece.

The cable company sent me a new cable modem and wireless router. I got them installed but the wireless connection to the printer no longer works. I looked up printer installation instructions on the internet on the HP website and it said to Click Here to download the installation software; nothing happened. I gave up and tried it again the next day. It said to plug the computer into the printer to install it and after that you could unplug it again. The USB cable will not reach to the computer.

So I found I could buy a USB extension cable at Walmart for $3.88. So I ordered it on-line. A few hours later I got an e-mail saying it was ready and to click here to notify them I am on the way. Clicking Here took me to a webpage where I could install an Ap on my phone, and I said t'hell with that. I drove to the Walmart, parked in a pick-up spot and then noted the sign said to call a given number to pick up your item. They had not given me a phone number to call in the e-mail so I did not bring my cellphone. I went inside and told the lady at the service desk, She told me to go back outside and call the number. I told her I did not have a phone with me. She called someone but no one came to help and I finally gave up and drove home.

This Digital Age stuff ain't working out too good. You need a cable to use a wireless connection and a phone to talk to someone at a store even when you are already there. And of course this remote pickup crap was thunk up because of COVID-19, which currently is about as hard to find as a Rubik's Cube or a Hula Hoop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back