What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trying to help my son rent a vehicle while his scooter is in the shop, driving another hour after U-Haul moved his reservation without notifying him, only to find that the add-on charges outstripped his debit card.

And on top of everything out of pride he steadfastly refuses my offer of help ... so three hours spent doing nothing but traffic on 620.

Hmph.

My wife got the dreaded two lines in the test this morning, I don't but have slight symptoms. But I also have to fetch my youngest son who is staying at my mother at this time up north, about 300km from here. Normally I would drive there tonight, stay there overnight and come back tomorrow. Now I have to drive there and back again today as I cannot stay with my mother as she is very vulnerable (old and asthma). All kinds of trivial problems to be solved, such as how can I fill up the tank to drive those 600km etc. Very annoying.

My wife got the dreaded two lines in the test this morning, I don't but have slight symptoms. But I also have to fetch my youngest son who is staying at my mother at this time up north, about 300km from here. Normally I would drive there tonight, stay there overnight and come back tomorrow. Now I have to drive there and back again today as I cannot stay with my mother as she is very vulnerable (old and asthma). All kinds of trivial problems to be solved, such as how can I fill up the tank to drive those 600km etc. Very annoying.

Drive safe, and I hope you all will remain in good health.

Well, back to the Walmart this morning. I dutifully brought my cellphone, parked in one of the pick up spots, called the number on the sign.

And after extended ringing got a recording saying to call the store's main number.

More than little peeved, I went inside and told the ladies at the Service desk that I needed my item NOW. They told me about parking where I had parked. I told them that did not work. They asked if I had ordered groceries. I said No. They said that in that case I should go down to the area with the orange lockers and pick it up there. Last month when I went to pick up a car battery they told me they were no longer using the area with the orange lockers. The instructions said to type the order info into the machine and have a seat. There were no chairs; they got rid of them when they quit using the orange area. Eventually a lady came and gave me the item I ordered, but with no receipt. I managed to make it out the door with it anyway.

I don't think I want to do this no more.

Q-wives apoligise.jpg

Good luck! I read it thinking it was a pregnancy test and was a bit confused as to why you'd be showing symptons.
We'rea bit too old for another baby. :lol:

What annoyed me: the predicted 6 hours became 8 hours because of traffic. It ready took me an hour to get out of town. But I'm safely back.

Last edited:
We'rea bit too old for another baby. :lol:

I've had people ask if we want a third. My response is always a huge NO, followed by I took the necessary steps to ensure it can't happen.

I love my kids more than anything, but two is enough.

I would consider adopting a third child though (seeing these kids in Ukraine sort of increases those thoughts) but I am not doing the baby thing again.

Had our first when I was 40...#2 came along at 46. Momma had lots of trouble in between them, and it was a not so good time for her. With all that and both boy being premies, the Dr. fixed her while delivering #2. The youngest was a complete surprise to us and the OB/GYN, but we have survived it. Would like to get both of them out and on their own before I retire in a couple of years....

My wife insisted she would not have more than two kids, nor would she give up her career. So after the first she thought it would be ok to go for #2. We got two, all right. Twins. My wife's grandmother consoled her by pointing out that, since one takes all your time, what's a few more? We ended up with six, and I'll be 62 when the last one graduates high school.

My wife insisted she would not have more than two kids, nor would she give up her career. So after the first she thought it would be ok to go for #2. We got two, all right. Twins. My wife's grandmother consoled her by pointing out that, since one takes all your time, what's a few more? We ended up with six, and I'll be 62 when the last one graduates high school.
You got an expensive hobby.

Our third daughter came in 1994. In 2002 at age 62 I went to the Social Security office to do the paper work. At the finish, I stood up to leave and the lady said, "And now for your daughter." I said, "My daughter is not handicapped." I was told because of my being on SS retirement, my daughter would also get a check. When she crunched the numbers for my daughter, it was only slightly less than my own. As many of you can tell, I am seldom speechless but I was at that time. Although I am mathmatically challenged, I was able to calculate that by 18 (she was then11) college would be well paid for and more. In fact, they paid after 18 until high school grad, 3 extra months. A savings account was opened for her direct deposit and has paid for college (she also achieved tuition aids because of her high school achievements) as well as Orthodontics, and her first car (used), with enough still currently banked for an eventual home down payment. I want to sincerely thank all the US citizens for looking out for my daughter's future. Each year, when a call from SS to find how the money was used (they already knew from bank records) I pointed out we would not have had a child if we couldn't support her. This was a concept foreign to the SS employees, whom I suspect all had sociology degrees. My daughter will be 28 this month, married to a Coast Guard member now taking his Masters for Officer school. One thing I learned in traffic, observing old farts in Lincoln Town cars with a younger wife? and the car full of kids was how the system was being scammed.

Our third daughter came in 1994. In 2002 at age 62 I went to the Social Security office to do the paper work. At the finish, I stood up to leave and the lady said, "And now for your daughter." I said, "My daughter is not handicapped." I was told because of my being on SS retirement, my daughter would also get a check. When she crunched the numbers for my daughter, it was only slightly less than my own. As many of you can tell, I am seldom speechless but I was at that time. Although I am mathmatically challenged, I was able to calculate that by 18 (she was then11) college would be well paid for and more. In fact, they paid after 18 until high school grad, 3 extra months. A savings account was opened for her direct deposit and has paid for college (she also achieved tuition aids because of her high school achievements) as well as Orthodontics, and her first car (used), with enough still currently banked for an eventual home down payment. I want to sincerely thank all the US citizens for looking out for my daughter's future. Each year, when a call from SS to find how the money was used (they already knew from bank records) I pointed out we would not have had a child if we couldn't support her. This was a concept foreign to the SS employees, whom I suspect all had sociology degrees. My daughter will be 28 this month, married to a Coast Guard member now taking his Masters for Officer school. One thing I learned in traffic, observing old farts in Lincoln Town cars with a younger wife? and the car full of kids was how the system was being scammed.
I am a Social Security recipient, age 68, as is my wife, 67. I took mine at age 63, my wife at age 67. We both had long mid-mgmt careers, so our monthly SS benefits (and wife's pension) are enough for us for now. We're sure glad we have it (along with Medicare). We (and you) had no choice but to pay into it, so I'm glad to take it. We'll tap the 401k/IRA when we have to in our early 70s. I did not know that a minor child of an SS retirement benefits recipient would also receive a check. Our only-child daughter was launched and on her own many years before we retired. (Incidentally, my wife said one childbirth was more than enough for her.....it scared the hell out of me, too) Sounds like your daughter and you made wise use of a wonderful benefit. Good for her (and you).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back