What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lying in bed trying to get to sleep last night, when all of a sudden my left calf "charlie horsed" on me. Tried the usual methods to get it to go away for a good minute, but kept coming back, worse than before. After a couple minutes I was finally able to get up and put some weight on that leg. Drank a couple glasses of water. It's still sore and tight this morning.

I hate it when you are just about to fall asleep and all of a sudden, yikes!!!! Then after its over and you try to go to sleep again, you can't because you keep thinking as soon as I get relaxed it's going to strike again.

Plus, add to that after drinking 2 large glasses of water, waking up a couple hours later and having to get up again to relieve the built up pressure of all that water you drank. Oh, the joys of aging.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220810-005313.png

Suicide among enlisted personnel of Armed Forces are increasing rapidly ... Within past 3 months, this is 30th "reported" suicide.

Sergeant Ali Qasemi, an enlisted personnel of Rudsar Law Enforcement (Police) Force (Gilan Province) found dead by local farmers, yesterday 18:00 local time.

Lying in bed trying to get to sleep last night, when all of a sudden my left calf "charlie horsed" on me. Tried the usual methods to get it to go away for a good minute, but kept coming back, worse than before. After a couple minutes I was finally able to get up and put some weight on that leg. Drank a couple glasses of water. It's still sore and tight this morning.

I hate it when you are just about to fall asleep and all of a sudden, yikes!!!! Then after its over and you try to go to sleep again, you can't because you keep thinking as soon as I get relaxed it's going to strike again.

Plus, add to that after drinking 2 large glasses of water, waking up a couple hours later and having to get up again to relieve the built up pressure of all that water you drank. Oh, the joys of aging.
A small glass of Tonic works wonders.
No Gin of course!!!!!!!
Used to carry a small bottle in my golf bag,
bad cramps on the Tee box!

So, I use my laptop computer in the morning, and it's working fine. I see a notification that Windows wants to restart to do an update. I tell it to do the update and shut down, as I have to go out for awhile. When I come back, I turn on the laptop and . . . it's all screwed up.

First, the sound is gone. No sound at all. Not through headphones, not through speakers, nothing. The settings and icons say everything's fine. I try to play a test sound, and it won't play. Not only that, but the built-in video player in Windows no longer plays any video files I have. It simply refuses to do so, stating there's an error but offering no details. When I try to watch a livestream or video on YouTube, these won't play either.

Great. The update wiped out sound on my laptop and screwed up the playing of videos too.

So, I uninstall the update. That doesn't work. The issues remain.

Next up is reverting to a prior system restore point. But of course, this is buried in Windows 10 as compared to Windows 7, so I have to root around online to get the proper steps. This is eventually accomplished, and a restore point from prior to the update is restored.

The laptop is back to normal. Everything functions as it should.

Thanks, Microsoft. That was a fun update. I really enjoyed the annoyance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back