What Annoyed You Today? (29 Viewers)

Lying in bed trying to get to sleep last night, when all of a sudden my left calf "charlie horsed" on me. Tried the usual methods to get it to go away for a good minute, but kept coming back, worse than before. After a couple minutes I was finally able to get up and put some weight on that leg. Drank a couple glasses of water. It's still sore and tight this morning.

I hate it when you are just about to fall asleep and all of a sudden, yikes!!!! Then after its over and you try to go to sleep again, you can't because you keep thinking as soon as I get relaxed it's going to strike again.

Plus, add to that after drinking 2 large glasses of water, waking up a couple hours later and having to get up again to relieve the built up pressure of all that water you drank. Oh, the joys of aging.
 
Last edited:
Screenshot_20220810-005313.png


Suicide among enlisted personnel of Armed Forces are increasing rapidly ... Within past 3 months, this is 30th "reported" suicide.

Sergeant Ali Qasemi, an enlisted personnel of Rudsar Law Enforcement (Police) Force (Gilan Province) found dead by local farmers, yesterday 18:00 local time.
 
Lying in bed trying to get to sleep last night, when all of a sudden my left calf "charlie horsed" on me. Tried the usual methods to get it to go away for a good minute, but kept coming back, worse than before. After a couple minutes I was finally able to get up and put some weight on that leg. Drank a couple glasses of water. It's still sore and tight this morning.

I hate it when you are just about to fall asleep and all of a sudden, yikes!!!! Then after its over and you try to go to sleep again, you can't because you keep thinking as soon as I get relaxed it's going to strike again.

Plus, add to that after drinking 2 large glasses of water, waking up a couple hours later and having to get up again to relieve the built up pressure of all that water you drank. Oh, the joys of aging.
A small glass of Tonic works wonders.
No Gin of course!!!!!!!
Used to carry a small bottle in my golf bag,
bad cramps on the Tee box!
 
My wife is a year two teacher.Parents who send their Covid kids to school should be prosecuted!
We both have tested Positive. Annie has a lung condition, I am 79 so we both qualify for Covid meds.
It's like having the absolute Worst flu! What an f'n night!!!!!!!

I hope you both recover quickly. Its no fun.
 
So, I use my laptop computer in the morning, and it's working fine. I see a notification that Windows wants to restart to do an update. I tell it to do the update and shut down, as I have to go out for awhile. When I come back, I turn on the laptop and . . . it's all screwed up.

First, the sound is gone. No sound at all. Not through headphones, not through speakers, nothing. The settings and icons say everything's fine. I try to play a test sound, and it won't play. Not only that, but the built-in video player in Windows no longer plays any video files I have. It simply refuses to do so, stating there's an error but offering no details. When I try to watch a livestream or video on YouTube, these won't play either.

Great. The update wiped out sound on my laptop and screwed up the playing of videos too.

So, I uninstall the update. That doesn't work. The issues remain.

Next up is reverting to a prior system restore point. But of course, this is buried in Windows 10 as compared to Windows 7, so I have to root around online to get the proper steps. This is eventually accomplished, and a restore point from prior to the update is restored.

The laptop is back to normal. Everything functions as it should.

Thanks, Microsoft. That was a fun update. I really enjoyed the annoyance!
 
I've had MS notifying me to Get Updated to New version, we ain't gonna do 10 stuff any more!!!!!!
WTF
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back