What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Little compressor decided to have the pressure regulator come from together....The diaphragm decided to let go and leaks like a sieve. Had to run to the hardware store and get a new regulator and will install it tomorrow. Probably could have ordered a replacement, but didn't want to wait a couple of weeks on it. 15 minutes and the new regulator will be installed and compressor back online.

Sounds like the virus I've just had lasted 17 days and floored me at the beginning. :D

Watch out for hooping cough. It is going around again in Aus because so many people do not know so have not had their hooping cough boosters (needed long after original vaccine).

Hooping cough in older people is also known as 100 day cough

Great news, got results of MRI on groin and kidney, just a small mass on the kidney that is non-cancerous and no cause for concern as it the lump on my ground. Going to be celebrating this weekend!!! Bad news is I still need to pay my substantial portion of all the medical bills gathered over the last week and a half.
Donations can be sent to.....
Good news old son. Sorry, no donations though, just forked out $6000 for my own medical needs. Celebrate well. :thumbright: :D

My house painting contractor texted me today to say they were out today to finish the job.
Yay!
He then texted me to say they had fixed the blocked cellar door. (They were supposed to have replaced a rotted baseboard but just nailed a new board over the old, which made the opening too narrow for the cellar door to be opened.) Even sent a video showing that the door could be opened.
Got home to find they had merely cut the corner off the door to clear the overhang.
Now I have a gaping hole.
IMG_20230920_173619_01.jpg

Not quite sure what to do about this. :oops:

I would call that rank amateur quality work but that would be massively insulting to rank amateurs.

They even damaged the drywall next to the door doing it.
Not drywall. That's the improperly installed baseboard that is the cause of this mess. The contractor says he'll be out to meet me tomorrow morning, and says they will replace the door. I feel like telling him I will hire my own carpenter to remove the shoddy work, install a new door, and I'll subtract the cost from the project price.

My house painting contractor texted me today to say they were out today to finish the job.
Yay!
He then texted me to say they had fixed the blocked cellar door. (They were supposed to have replaced a rotted baseboard but just nailed a new board over the old, which made the opening too narrow for the cellar door to be opened.) Even sent a video showing that the door could be opened.
Got home to find they had merely cut the corner off the door to clear the overhang.
Now I have a gaping hole.View attachment 738093
FIle a complaint with the Registrar of Contractors!

Yay!

Wow! What kind of shitty work is that?

Who did you hire. An actual contractor or some "handyman" offering his service on the neighborhood app?

Yay!
Done by union workers?

Wow! What kind of shitty work is that?

Who did you hire. An actual contractor or some "handyman" offering his service on the neighborhood app?
The company was highly recommended. Plus, we know the owner from church. But, like a lot of contractors these days, the front office is Anglo, but then they hire Mexicans to do the actual labor. These guys rarely speak English, so potential for miscommunication is high.
I'm meeting with the project manager this morning. He had better make things right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back