What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Image 30-9-2023 at 4.30 am.jpg

Fund raising could be helped by selling a slice of the fallen tree. Also, by spring, new growth from the roots might happen. Of course, any such new growth must be guarded for the next 200 years.

Second person arrested - a man in his sixties. Grandfather?

It would be interesting to hear their justification for their actions.
The fact that they left the tree where it fell precludes any argument that they were just collecting firewood.

It would be interesting to hear their justification for their actions.
The fact that they left the tree where it fell precludes any argument that they were just collecting firewood.
sure they were, they just had to go home, fire up the steam traction engine and drive it back at 1 1/2 miles an hour, hook up the chains and drag the tree home at even slower speed.
They just didn't count on anybody passing by in under 3-5 days ;)

The PLC on my main production machine packed in on thursday. Called the manufacturer on friday. That part is obsolete. (The machine was upgraded with all new electronics four years ago.)
It will be a week to configure and program a replacement. $3000) In the meantime I have to use workarounds that triple the production time.
Grrrrrr. :mad:

A friend of mine bought a number of aviation GPS units at a government auction a while back and asked me to help him sell them. So I examined them, tested them, noted any deficiencies, and listed two of them on ebay. They both sold last week for a satisfactory price. I was careful to point out that while they worked Okay, they lacked antennas or batteries. But I just got a request from one buyer to return one because it was defective. I responded that he could do that, but then looked at the pictures he sent and it turns out that the flaming idiot tried to charge the unit without first installing a rechargable battery! Worse yet, this is an aviation GPS unit, so the idiot may actually try to fly an airplane at some point.

Bought a new battery for one car today while in town
When the battery in my truck died, I looked at recommended replacements on-line, and, finding the results all but incoherent, ended up measuring the space allowed for it and then going up to the Walmart, borrowing a tape measure from them and studying all of the batteries they had before selecting one. Ironically, it turned out to be exact same type I had in the truck before the one that failed most recently; I have no idea why I still had the old one in the garage.

And it was the only rail crossing. :D
Well there arent many because there arent many roads, stuff that happens out there is beyond belief and reason. People getting killed hitting camels is quite common, in the two years I was there 3 guys died in car accidents from my company.

There is a story about a pilot who was advised that in the event of a forced landing to aim between two trees so the wings would get ripped off and slow the speed of the fuselage. One day his engine started failing and he had a tough time keeping the airplane in the air until he could find two trees with suitable spacing in the open fields he was flying over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back